Problem with my 350z

bingi

Can any1 help me? ive got a 2003 jap import 350z! i was driving along and all of a sudden lights come up on my dash saying slip, tcs off and the engine management was also on, my car was driving about 2mph :thumbdown: ! No1 can find the problem because its a jap import can anyone help :shrug:

hey, that exact problem has happened to me too! Think it's when I get some dodgy petrol in the tank. Turn it off, leave it for a while and start her up again.

Read the error codes following these instructions:

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.p ... opic=38952

Think my rear O2 sensor is funked, luckiley I can turn that jazz of in the ECU I got :D

A.

The mechanic has tried that! he said it mite be summat 2 do with the abs :scare:

hmmm dont think so to be honest, have had nothing wrong with my abs but I've got that stuff happen to me a couple of times. (2-3) Thought it might have had something to do with the current map I was running/confusing the ecu. What mods are you running? Have you done a clean of the air mass meter? Mine gets a bit dirty from some of the return oil coming back into the intake, could be that cutting of the petrol problem? Tell me some background of the car?

A>

ive had no problems at all with the car! ive had it for bout 7 months now! The mechanic has checked almost everything and still no joy! I was driving and then i went thru sum heavy rain and all of a sudden the power goes, slip, tcs off and engine management light come on and it struggles 2 move! i was driving for a gud 2 hours b4 this happend :shrug:

ive had no problems at all with the car! ive had it for bout 7 months now! The mechanic has checked almost everything and still no joy! I was driving and then i went thru sum heavy rain and all of a sudden the power goes, slip, tcs off and engine management light come on and it struggles 2 move! i was driving for a gud 2 hours b4 this happend :shrug:

Check the air mass meter and clean if needed mine was completely BLACK. Does it only happen when it's raining? :scare: Mine it didnt happen to during rain. Could be some electric 'misshap' Afraid I cannot help you more there. (maybe take it to another tech?)

A/

it just happened to me mines an 03 jdm aswell, i was driving alongand then all power goes! none of the lights come on but when i put my foot on the accelerator nothing happened i put the clutch down and it died! it started straight away and was fine after that, it has been pissing down today so might be a bit of damp in a connection somewhere?

problem solved! my battery isnt fixed down so it slides about in its enclosure. it turns out when i accelerate hard it gets thrown to the back of the enclosure and it has created a bit of a loose connection on the negative terminal! if i slide it back into place its fine! recommend your try that

hi can any 1 help i have a 350 import and if i drive like an old woman its fine but if i throw it around abit the slip light keeps flashing and i loose power but its not spinning the wheels the only thing i have changed is that i have gone from 17" to 19" jade-r wheels