Coming soon ......... 2nd Annual Midland's Gumball, 2nd Sept

Morning all ....... a date for the diary ......

For anyone who showed up last year to the Midlands Gumball organised in part by your's truely through the Supra owners club, we are finalising plans for the second annual Midlands Gumball which is planned for Saturday 2nd September.

I will post up a rough route although the idea is that you will be given a starting point and some VERY EASY TO FOLLOW instructions and tasks to complete en route. The day will culminate in a bbq at my new house (I'm provide the burgers if you bring some booze) with the option for free camping over night on the friday and saturday (with very secure off road parking or for the more fussy people ..... a travel lodge very close by.

Although we're running from the East to West Midlands, we are welcoming people from further afeild given the availability of space to pitch a tent !!!!!!! You know .... the one you used at JAE wimp !!!!!

So that you know ..... although I'm involved in organising

, this event is a mkivsupra owners club event and zed drivers of all denominations are cordially invited to attend, just like last year ...... as are the mkiii supra owners.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's bought a manor with 1million acres of land :lol:

Not quite ...... a small barn conversion with 2 acres in the form of two paddocks ....... Val ...... as it's you, I'll make up one of the stables :p:p:p You and deb's better start looking at your diaries so you can come visit .... we move in on the 25th !!!!!!

Ok ..... I said I'd come up with a few more details ...... well here goes ..... please feel free to ask any questions or simply just sign up in the usual fashion below ..........

The route has been confirmed, its length is very slightly over 150miles, estimated at just over 4 hours 30 mins driving. The start location is the Grand Central Railway Car Park in Leceister - meeting time is anytime after 8am. The gumball WILL begin and DEPART at 9am sharp! So please be prompt. Route maps will be issued to each vehicle along with emergency contact numbers just in case, please bring radios/sat nav if you wish.

We will be stopping in Shrewsbury for brunch at around 11:30, venue to be confirmed, however departure will be 1pm sharp.

The finish point is on the A449 between Kidderminster and Worcester, near the Mitre Oak, at Glyn's new property which has amble room for parking.

To make things slightly more interesting, each vehicle will be issued with a series of tasks to be completed along route, points will be awarded for each successfully completed task. The car with the highest number of points at the end of the day will win a special prize.

Estimated time of arrival at the completion point is around 3:30/4pm, upon arrival at the finish point there will be a BBQ for all, with the chance for any last photo's, prize's will be awarded and we are working on providing some entertainment for young and old If the weather does turn, the BBQ will be on hold and the local Mitre Oak provides very good food and some fine ales. Glyn has very kindly offered to be host for the duration of the afternoon/evening. Glyn is offering all gumballers, the ability to Camp over in his acres of land if you wish, otherwise there is a Travelodge a stones throw away on the A449.

GumballMap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Gumbllers ....... right we're a month away from this prestigious multi club gathering which in a couple of years promises to be bigger than JAE :yahoo: ......... so, roll call time, who's on board then? B):teeth: Get you diaries sorted lads and sign up !!!!!! :thumbs:

Planning to attend

1. afreemason ...... gumball & bbq

2. 350z Nismo ....... gumball & ????????

Fantastic mate ....... be great to see you again ....... mozarella on the burgers then :scare::scare::scare:

Planning to attend

3. TheMinel ....... gumball & bbq & stopping over then ??????

Will have to double check the diary mate but I reckon I'll be up for it, probably with the missus. Ok for a stopover if so? Also I've a couple of mates that might also be up for it - one's got an A3 3.2 & the other a Boxster, any chance I can shout them up or is that not on? No probs either way obviously!!! :teeth:

Fantastic mate ....... be great to see you again ....... mozarella on the burgers then :scare::scare::scare:

Planning to attend

Why ain't I on the list :surrender:

Will have to double check the diary mate but I reckon I'll be up for it, probably with the missus. Ok for a stopover if so? Also I've a couple of mates that might also be up for it - one's got an A3 3.2 & the other a Boxster, any chance I can shout them up or is that not on? No probs either way obviously!!! :teeth:

No problems Andy, the more the merrier to be honest. You're more than welcome to stop over ...... either sleep where you fall or there's more than enough room for a tent if you want that extra bit of privacy ;)

Sarnie ........ I was keeping different lists on each site mate ....... but just for you ......

Planning to attend

2. 350z Nismo ....... gumball & bbq

4. AndyC ....... gumball & bbq & stop over

5. Sarnie ........ gumball & bbq (eating for two !!!!!)

Come on guys this is going to be a very well supported event as "unofficial" car meets go; we're up to 40 cars already with a month still to go ....... that's impressive guys and girls !!!!! :clap::bounce:

Get yourselves signed up for this one and don't miss out on a spanking good day !!!!!

We're talking about a damn good jaw wag with owners of a variety of different performance cars :drunk: a drive through fantastic countryside and quick ..... ish ..... A roads :drive1 spiced up with a variety of tasks and challenges en route :help: ....... and as if that's not enough this will be followed up by more techno talk over a relaxed bbq :gathering: and hopefully a small prize giving ceremony. :#1::#2::#3:

Come on, this is promising to be a car meet with a difference, you don't even need to be a Midlander for this one guys as you can either sleep where you fall at mine :welcome: or book yourselves into the travel lodge just a few hundred yards down the road. :innocent:

I think you know I'm up for it. Probably won't be camping over though.

PS: I'm following someone with a speed camera detector and I mean the radar typre. As the route has been published there's a good chance the tax collectors will be out.. :headhurt:

Thing is mate ...... the route published is only the "suggested route ...... make sure you've had the sat nav upgrade on the beema !!!!!! ....... or else, bring an atlas !!!!!!

:scare:;):D:D:D:D:D

Expect some fun mate ....... we're going for gumball meets cannon ball meet the vicar of dibley !!!!!! :surrender:

It's easy, shoult at it loudly in the hope it will start to understand you, failing that bang it with your fist, when it finally decides to work ignore every third instruction it gives you, drive slowly on the straight looking for your turn, like a bat out of hell in the corners and whatever you do ....... don't use the indicators ..... other than that do exactly what the sat nav tells you.

There is another method which involves getting young jimmy from IT to set it up and program it every time you want to go somewhere !!!!!!

:thumbs::yahoo::doh::p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Come on then guys ....... we're a couple of weeks away from this one ...... there's over 40 cars committing to turning up so far and only a small few of them are from this site ....... and there's prizes for categories of mkiv supra, mkiii supra and 350z (looks like I'll be winning that one with the current level of competition :boxing:;) )

With overnight accomodation on offer I'm surprised not to be seeing a better turn out from the premiere 350z club B) so come on boys ....... sign up and come and have a great days fun and a relaxing unwind afterwards !!!!!!!

I am looking for a co-pilot as Debbie will be working...

I'm sure I can find youone mate ....... don't think Sarah is available but I'm sure mini or Gary might be available to keep you company !!!!!!

You stopping over Val ? You're more than welcome