Daikoku Futo

maxi-glasgow

Thankfully Toki, a guy from our Tokyo office, took me tonight thru to Daikoku Futo to see all the cars and modified bits and bobs tonight.

I have just finished uploading what photo's I got, sorry for some of the quality but it was dark in places and the flash doesn't do any of the cars any justice.

I have some videos as well which I will upload, a couple of nice 350z's and also a black 370z which was cool. Loads of GTR's and you name it, it was there.

The sound systems installed in some of the vans had to be seen to be believed and when walking past the sound would push against your chest the way it does at a very loud nightclub...

Here is a link to the album I set up which has 71 photo's in it, enjoy.

http://s596.photobucket.com/albums/tt43/maxiglasgow/Daikoku%20Futo/

Started doing the video uploads, I will add the links on this message as they complete:-

This is just a brief look around the pimped up vans with their mega stereo systems:-

This is look around some of the nice motorbikes on show:-

A very pimped up 350Z:-

Some more vans, but this has the ultimate party van with it's own smoke machine and laser show as well as full DJ deck:-

Dancers putting on a show behind the vans:-

More of the dancers:-

Walking behind a line of the vans:-

Last video behind the vans:-

There were loads of people there to see all the cars, the biggest draw were the vans, mostly because of how load the music was mind you.

I was actually disappointed that the video doesn't give a realistic impression of just how load this music was. In the last video when I walked behind the van with all red between the speakers and it started playing Boom Boom Pow by the black eyed peas, because I was only about 6 feet from it I could physically feel it vibrating off me, superb.

Problem with buying any games etc is worrying that you can't switch them to English, I am going to buy myself a new camera today though. Had a look yesterday and checked their prices against what they are in the UK as just about everything is dearer over here due to the bad exchange rate, but the three models I looked at were a bit cheaper than back home.

Just choosing between Sony T90, T900 and the newer TX1, anyone used these or would I be better looking at other cameras completely.

The X1 appealed as its using a new imaging sensor which it allegedly makes low light shots 200% better....would have been ideal for last night :dry:

There were loads of people there to see all the cars, the biggest draw were the vans, mostly because of how load the music was mind you.

I was actually disappointed that the video doesn't give a realistic impression of just how load this music was. In the last video when I walked behind the van with all red between the speakers and it started playing Boom Boom Pow by the black eyed peas, because I was only about 6 feet from it I could physically feel it vibrating off me, superb.

Problem with buying any games etc is worrying that you can't switch them to English, I am going to buy myself a new camera today though. Had a look yesterday and checked their prices against what they are in the UK as just about everything is dearer over here due to the bad exchange rate, but the three models I looked at were a bit cheaper than back home.

Just choosing between Sony T90, T900 and the newer TX1, anyone used these or would I be better looking at other cameras completely.

The X1 appealed as its using a new imaging sensor which it allegedly makes low light shots 200% better....would have been ideal for last night :dry:

Have to say my Sony Camera has been excellent. Check the price against Amazon UK. You may find it cheaper in the UK. Don't forget you have to pay the import duty on it as well.

If you do decide to buy in Japan, I went to a Sony Shop in Odaiba (Bay area in Tokyo) which was inside another store (what a lot of help I am) and it was strangley the cheapest place I found to buy Sony Stuff. Beat the hell out of Bic Camera etc.

I went ahead and bought the TX1, just charging the battery right now but took a quick pic under my desk with very little lighting and it is truely amazing. I took the same photo with my current DSC-T10 which I have been using for quite a few years now and the difference isn't far away from the 200% they tout.

Looking at the picture on my laptop it looks brighter on the screen than it does with my eyes looking at the live scene!!!!!

I'm sure I read on signs in Glasgow airport before I left that your allowed an allowance of around £350 on cameras before tax from outside the EU.

Great pics, I see little has changed since I was last there. Its a great experience :D

When are you going over next?

I am in Japan in January and did a search on the Tokyo Auto Salon. It is on the same time that I am there. Has to be worth a visit :thumbs: