P3 Service, but where is the pollen & fuel filter?

StokieShinobi

• 2 weeks later...
Well....

Oil was changed. Oddly 5 quarts went in leaving oil inbetween min and max line - ONLY 3 quarts came out. :wacko:

Is this usual to be so low on oil? Only had the car a month so good job its been serviced asap really

You must be as old as me to be quoting quarts :lol:

5 quarts = 5.68 litres, which is nearly 1 litre over the 4.7 litres required for an oil and filter change (4.4 litres if no filter change). :scare:

But I presume you might mean litres? :)

If your car is an MY06 model (296 bhp) then some are known to use oil and should be checked regularly. Keep an eye on the oil pressure guage - if you start to notice a fall-off in pressure or slightly eractic needle movement then the oil level might be getting low. Check the oil level regularly - the dipstick is a pain to use - best done when car has been standing for some time on level ground.

MY03 models (with the 276 bhp engine) are not really known to use oil between services. Not sure about the MY07 (309 bhp engines) - don't recall anyone having any oil issues with that model.

Well....

Oil was changed. Oddly 5 quarts went in leaving oil inbetween min and max line - ONLY 3 quarts came out. :wacko:

Is this usual to be so low on oil? Only had the car a month so good job its been serviced asap really

You must be as old as me to be quoting quarts :lol:

5 quarts = 5.68 litres, which is nearly 1 litre over the 4.7 litres required for an oil and filter change (4.4 litres if no filter change). :scare:

But I presume you might mean litres? :)

If your car is an MY06 model (296 bhp) then some are known to use oil and should be checked regularly. Keep an eye on the oil pressure guage - if you start to notice a fall-off in pressure or slightly eractic needle movement then the oil level might be getting low. Check the oil level regularly - the dipstick is a pain to use - best done when car has been standing for some time on level ground.

MY03 models (with the 276 bhp engine) are not really known to use oil between services. Not sure about the MY07 (309 bhp engines) - don't recall anyone having any oil issues with that model.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

I followed the guide here:

http://my350z.com/forum/repairing-and-d ... -pics.html

... which said to use all 5 quarts, I got about 4 and a half in.

I have 5 quarts of the Royal Purple Oil; quite enjoy how it is actually purple :D

http://www.z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuse ... rentCat=38

I have a 54 plate 350 so perhaps it is odd how it has used much oil. The oil pressure gauge was indeed bouncing around a lot - but i didnt know if this was normal as I've not long had the car. It does however seem more stable now not fluctuating as much.

Thanks for the help and advice all!