Waterproof car cover

Metatron

Dear All

As this is the 350z related mecca I thought that this would be the first stop for a question about waterproof covers.

I don't own a garage so I'm looking to buy a cover so that my pride and joy isn't so open to the elements, especially as winter approaches.

I've seen a Monsoon cover which retails at about £125 but I imagine that there are covers which are just as good but don't cost quite as much. There is one issue I have which is that because I have the Nismo spoiler attached I'm concerned that a standard cover might not fit exactly.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance y'all :teeth:

I got the Monsoon cover for my beetle to say it was a fitted type well not entirely ... its the lower end of the market for covers. Its ok so far but is from a calico type material which doesn't look durable long term tbh think you may have to go for a semi fit type for sports cars or get it made bespoke but then the pounds mount up :surrender:

To be honest the advice that i've always heard is that you will do more harm than good if it is for outdoor everyday use. Putting a cover on and off on a regular basis will probably cause more damage than the elements in the long run. Not sure what anyone else thinks?

As a general rule I would not cover my car unless I lived near sea water or a cement factory or quarry!

I cover to Beetle to keep it from rusting any more than it already has - as its not entirely water tight.

Same goes for garages - cars should fare better out doors rather than garages unless the garage is warm and has free flowing air to vent the car.

So dont bother unless you really want to - you also need to clean the car and the cover (or at least dust it off) before ftting the cover as it is likley to scratch the paint.

I bought an all weather cover for about £120 - annoyingly cant remember the brand. It was designed for the Zed but isn't as tight a fit as the Nissan ones I have seen so I dont think you would have a problem with the spoiler.

I agree with the comments above - not ideal for day to day use as it will be harsh on the paint. Very good for leaving your car if you go on holiday for example.

Will take a look at the brand tonight....