remote key fob????

sparky370z

hi guys,

i have had a Zed for a week now and its awesome BUT....... the key is bloody awful.

what i wanted to know is there a key that is a flip out design? i have see this one on ebay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m38.l1313&_nkw=NEW+Folding+Remote+KEY+CASE+for+INFINITI+G35+I35+350Z+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

just wondered if this would work? as mine has 2 button but the item has 3 buttons.

thanks in advance

Sparky

I've recently added a new key to my zed and had a look at the internals. The actual transponder is quite small so may just work. I'll take one of the keys apart later and measure the chip, hopefully someone can do the same with a micra key?

Would certainly be a good mod over the original key!

I've recently added a new key to my zed and had a look at the internals. The actual transponder is quite small so may just work. I'll take one of the keys apart later and measure the chip, hopefully someone can do the same with a micra key?

Would certainly be a good mod over the original key!

I took mine apart last night. Looking at the guide that is posted on my350 our internals are a different shape & size to the US cars. Also there are 2 buttons on the chip that you would need to get lined up with the buttons on the fob.

I've just ordered one anyway to have a play with & see if I can get it working :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is an update,

the key does not work!! it is totally useless unless you can play witht the electronics on the PCB, there is no way that the PCB will fit in the new "flip" fob :bang::doh::rant::angry:

i was told by the guy that it would fit a "UK" 350z, it does not!!!

Very annoyed!!

Sparky