Cold Air RAM pipe

3FIDDYZ

I'm not convinced for pop charger/K&N type intakes these will make much difference. For a sealed unit (ala OEM) I can see it will help get more air into the airbox, but I cant see it doing much for popcharger given when you are moving airflow already forces air up that way. Any notion of "ram air" is balls given the unit isnt sealed so it wont presurise anything. Ramair only really works on very few cars and bikes. I remember when my R6 came with it, and they reckon its only good for a bit more power above 60MPH.

What I have noticed is that there are bits of trim behind our grille which when removed could aid in airflow, but need to look at it some more ;)

I'm not convinced for pop charger/K&N type intakes these will make much difference. For a sealed unit (ala OEM) I can see it will help get more air into the airbox, but I cant see it doing much for popcharger given when you are moving airflow already forces air up that way. Any notion of "ram air" is balls given the unit isnt sealed so it wont presurise anything. Ramair only really works on very few cars and bikes. I remember when my R6 came with it, and they reckon its only good for a bit more power above 60MPH.

What I have noticed is that there are bits of trim behind our grille which when removed could aid in airflow, but need to look at it some more ;)

I have the typhoon with a pop charged and it does make a difference on air and temp... drove with it removed and the readings with the camp2 were less air and more heat without the tube...

I have the typhoon with a pop charged and it does make a difference on air and temp... drove with it removed and the readings with the camp2 were less air and more heat without the tube...

Interesting. Was that at all speeds or just higher ones? I might go get a normal intake flexitube and add it to mine if thats the case :teeth:

Interesting. Was that at all speeds or just higher ones? I might go get a normal intake flexitube and add it to mine if thats the case :teeth:

All mate, tested over a weekend, saturday with, sunday without, motorway, backroads and town, same routes... even the way my front plate is fitted has an effect (for the worse!!) on the ammount of direct air...

flexi's are worth a go for a test... but I would try and find some sort of scoop to max the volume... you could make one out of some plastic glued together I suppose to "ram" the air up...