Envy Valeting vs Lake district pt 2 of 2

Envy Valeting

This was what my Lake District trip was really about, but I'm very glad to the customer for rustling up an extra days work.

DSC03222.jpg

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

DSC03225.jpg

Usual wash procedure of Espuma Revolution, Envy Brushes and Bubbly Jubbly. Rinsed and washed with Dodo Juice Sour Power. Rinsed and dried.

DSC03226.jpg

Once that was out of the way it was time to look at the defects.

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03228.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

As the washing was out of the way it was time to clay. Dodo Juice Gentle grey, my fave. Now I should mention that the car was as rough as a badgers Ar$e to touch, really was like sandpaper so this was a night and day procedure to the customer!!!

DSC03231.jpg

Paint thickness was a real problem this time, one of the higher readings....

DSC03232.jpg

Now based on this I really wanted to take it easy so started gently like you do, but in the end the only thing (and I kid you not) to touch it was FCP and UF mixed in my "BMW mix" bottle. It took a good 2-3 hits to get out as much as I dared, so you will see some RDS's in the "after" pics, but I was not prepared to push it!

DSC03233.jpg

DSC03234.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

DSC03236.jpg

Last pic of day 1 of the correction

DSC03237.jpg

Day 2 I carried on where I left off

DSC03238.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

DSC03243.jpg

Once all the machining was done the car was de-dusted and cleansed with LPL.

The LSP...some say you cant mention its name on this forum...lets just say I used a Vintage wax made by someone or other...

DSC03246.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

Whilst the aged wax cured, I set about cleaning glass, buffing tail pipes, dressing tyres and that stuff. When that was all done I buffed off the beast to a nice glossy shine. I then rang the owner, told him to get home and he arrived with a BEAMING smile!!!!!I was a bit of a $hit though, and made him make me a coffee before I opened the garage door LOL :lol:

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

A dull and overcast day when when I left, the owner saved getting the car put til the weather was fine, and I got some pictures today via email...enjoy! Wanted to see Martinmac on the way back but we passed each other in the blinding wind and rain...what a day to drive to Yorkshire!

evo1.jpg

evo2.jpg

evo3.jpg

evo4.jpg

evo5.jpg

evo6.jpg

evo7.jpg

evo8.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tim

Too kind, too kind indeed!

Yeah the 350's have not a lot of paint too, but even more on the scary side. This had v little but it was hard. Nissan is generally v little but soft ie you have to go very steady...if you can do anything at all :rant::lol: A paint gauge is a must for both cars before you eb=ven think about doing anythink like this IMHO.