Bluetooth/XDA settings problems

judas

Well, I got my bluetooth module the other day and so far so not impressed :(

Got it paired with my phone fine (02 XDA Exec), can use voice dialing ok. Problem is is doesn't want to pass the actual call through to the hands-free system - so the once the call connects it's still coming out of my phone! :rant:

Anyone else had this problem and, more importantly, found a solution?

Well, I got my bluetooth module the other day and so far so not impressed :(

Got it paired with my phone fine (02 XDA Exec), can use voice dialing ok. Problem is is doesn't want to pass the actual call through to the hands-free system - so the once the call connects it's still coming out of my phone! :rant:

Anyone else had this problem and, more importantly, found a solution?

Tbh mate, that sounds like a setting on the phone. For example, my Sony Ericsson K750i has a setting that even on handsfree..... will allow you to take the call on the phone. Might be set to still take in the phone...... have you double checked..... ?

Ive done a little digging, and it appears that the xda exec has its own speakers for hands free calling, however, you can turn this feature off by pressing and holding the talk button.

This should send the speaker signal to the device you have it plugged into instead.

I cant find anywhere whether you have to do this with every call (which would be a bit strange as it would defeat the object of them trying to sell their own hands free kits with earphones etc) - or whether once you have done it, it turns the speakers off permanently (until you hold the talk button again).

Hope this helps :thumbs:

The XDA has several software versions and the latest has this speaker phone feature sorted.

Try downloading the latest software for the XDA from your provider it has cured several similar faults with in-car kits.

My XDA Exec also has had problems with bluetooth, as teddy said the new version helps, have you dropped it? last problem I had was the bluetooth connection kept dropping half way through conversations, basically the motherboard had cracked, according to O2 technical, this can cause serval problems with the bluetooth settings.

Thanks folks - I've been reluctant to install the latest ROM image on the phone as it's supposedly even slower than previous versions. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet :dry:

Haven't noticed any difference other than the left hand tool bar is no longer avaliable as standard

The XDA has several software versions and the latest has this speaker phone feature sorted.

Try downloading the latest software for the XDA from your provider it has cured several similar faults with in-car kits.

My XDA Exec also has had problems with bluetooth, as teddy said the new version helps, have you dropped it? last problem I had was the bluetooth connection kept dropping half way through conversations, basically the motherboard had cracked, according to O2 technical, this can cause serval problems with the bluetooth settings.

It works (more or less) ok with my Bluetooth headset and certainly doesn't have the same kind of problem where the voice isn't passed through but everything else works. I've had several different MS smartphones since they were first launched (what does this say about my inability to learn from past mistakes :doh: ) all of which have had issues of one sort or another - I really should just get an ordinary phone and stop being seduced by promises of convergent technology :surrender:

It works (more or less) ok with my Bluetooth headset and certainly doesn't have the same kind of problem where the voice isn't passed through but everything else works. I've had several different MS smartphones since they were first launched (what does this say about my inability to learn from past mistakes :doh: ) all of which have had issues of one sort or another - I really should just get an ordinary phone and stop being seduced by promises of convergent technology :surrender:

I suggest you try the Nokia 9300i communicator as I, like yourself have gone through the PDA phone route.

I have no problems with the Bluetooth (tempting fate now!) and the symbian software works well.

It automatically pairs with the BT adapter every time without fail.

Neil

Ok - so we're bimbling along in the car today and my phone rings and the bluetooth kit picks it up and it actually works. Then the phone rings again a bit later and it doesn't pick it up. Next call it does. WTF?!?!?! :angry:

Guys, sorry to hijack a bit, but I am assuming this is the Nissan bluetooth module that has been delayed?

Is it now available then, as it should have been on my 06 when I bought it a couple of months ago, but apparently it was not ready.

Thanks

Guys, sorry to hijack a bit, but I am assuming this is the Nissan bluetooth module that has been delayed?

Is it now available then, as it should have been on my 06 when I bought it a couple of months ago, but apparently it was not ready.

Thanks

PM John Colley at Holdcroft Nissan, Stoke (Holdcroft2005) for the BT Adapter as he is offering club discount...£99 delivered

Neil