K1 Owners

jamakalbi

got my k1 through from CS lightening fast but decided to get it fitted locally as in Essex

The garage after taking off the stock found the mid pipe was sitting on the sub frame ( seen in different thread someones was 3mm away but mine was sat on it) and would badly vibrate though the car which of course at first was bit worrying! Was told pipe was supposed to have a bend to go round the frame but know after going on Japspeed site this aint right and put it down to them not doing work on Zeds before, CS was quick on the mark to let me know this is what supposed to be like

Decided to just head up to CS next sat to get it done which is easier

Just wondered what problems with vibrations other k1 owners have had because of this?

Also seen some people using heatproof material to prevent it. this worth while?

other advise is much appreciated people

Should just be a case of sticking some heatproofing between the subframe and exhaust to dampen the vibrations. Mine was fine untill i bottomed out on my driveway bending the subframe slightly, just jacked it up and teased the frame back into shape. Mine also had another rattle coming from the left bung, so now have them out the whole time, its so loud you can't hear any more rattling :lol:.

R

No vibrations at all with mine, or at least none that you can hear over the exhaust anyway. ;)

Different under a roadster tho isnt it?

This is one of the things that put me off the Japspeed, lots of people have rattling, their manufacturing tollerances are very lax, hence the low prices!

My mate has a japspeed header on his S2000, and the weld / fabrication quality is awful :wacko: