Cheap isnt always best!

Dicky

Thought the brake pedal was a bit soft so got a quote of £70 from my main dealer to bleed them, and a £30 quote from Kwik Fit, just down the road from me. I used to bleed my own brakes and thought the cheaper quote would be ok for such an easy job.

Dropped the car off and within an hour got a call saying all done, they’d replaced all the brake fluid, road tested it and all was ok.

On driving home I quickly realised the soft pedal was a lot softer and I was now getting a groaning noise when I tapped the pedal quickly.

Took it back, they bled them again but couldn’t find the cause of the noise. They suggested I get a second opinion and implied the noise may have been there before they started, which it wasn’t! :rant:

Took it to the main dealer who thought they must have got air in the ABS system, which according to them can be a sod to bleed and implied they may even have damaged the ABS and it might need replacing £££££. They suggested I get Kwik Fit to bleed them again and pay particular attention to getting the air out of the ABS.

It’s going back in on Monday and I’m sure there going to pursue the “it must have been like that when you brought it in†line :boxing: . Ho hum

Oh dear! Sounds like Nissan are right for once. The Zed has a specific bleed procedure (in the service manual) which when not followed can mean air gets trapped in the system. I got air in mine, but once bled properly we got it out. Took a while though and was the hardest system to bleed the garage had seen before. If Kwick Sh!t balls it up, they will have air in there and it takes ages to get out, even when you think its all out. Just have to keep going until the pedal is properly firm. Also tell them they need to do both nipples on all callipers, not just one, if they havent already done both! Or they pay for Nissan to put it right ;)

another kwik fit goodie.

i was in a land rover dealership and the mechanic was telling me that when quick fit throw the car up on ramps they dont pay attention to where the put the ramp arms. they normally throw them under anything black, just happens to be the whole air sus system is in a black plastic box under the car. "crunch" oops. the guy said they have to replace about 2 a week because of this.

like your title says ;):thumbs:

Thanks for your input chaps :thumbs: . I’m determined to get them to sort it out even if it means they get the main dealer to sort it and for them to bear the cost of any new ABS if required. I’ll also tell them I intend to get the main dealer check it over, even if they say its ok.