How Quick?

Tricky-Ricky

Its all relative.

Compared to a heavily modded supra the 350z is slow.

Compared to most hot hatches its quick.

I've come from a VX220 and although that was lightning quick off the mark it soon ran out of puff. After about 60 in a straight line the 350 would be soon leaving the VX, on a track the story would be quite different I suspect though.

For me the nice flat torque curve of the 350 makes it feel pretty rapid once moving, the weight makes it feel a bit slow off the mark on occasions and seriously effects how late you can brake though.

Is it fast? - yes

Is it a good overtaker? - yes

Do you need anything faster on the roads? - probably not

Is there quicker out there? - of course

Does it look good? - oh yeah

Does it handle well? - for a car of its size and weight yes it does

Will you be grinning at the end of your drive? - :teeth:

Id say if you are looking for comparisons on an acceleration scale id look at 330Ci sport's

I **** all over 330ci's mate lol, E46 M3's aint even pullin away more than 1-2 car lengths and they always pussy out on the corners!

im sure you wont, an m3 will eat a Z hands down (i hate myself for saying that) but then they sound like rattly tin cans

Anyway even with coilovers etc on a supra the general 'saggyness' of an old car is still there, you just mask the problem by taking away some travel in the rest of the worn suspension, plus the evolutions of suspension have come a long way

You'll love it just dont expect to keep nailing those flat-poo porsches with a big grin and a wave :thumbs:

Sure i wont what? try it mate, i got 3 friends who own m3's, so tried and tested, i never said i take them out, i said they aint pulling away more than 2 car lengths. Dont always stick to figures ;) none of my boys can even launch quicker than my zed off the line :\ but then agen i have 275's

Wipe the floor with a 330Ci, the old man has one and id say they are on par just with a stock Z :thumbs:

The M3 will out perform in all boxes, i hate them but they are a fantastic road car, they are much more in R34 territory imho

Launching a lesser powered car is easier, my old corolla gti was the bee's knees cause it had the perfect amount of (or lack of!) power to spin the wheels fully equalling a perfect launch :yahoo:

my dads bigger than yours !

are you two still pork sword fighting?

if you want an accurate measure of those cars go and find the nurburgring track times for them, i believe there is a web page that has different lap times for a range of cars done by the same driver (most of them) and its got most performance cars on it, but i can't remember the address for it, and that should give you a better idea.

8:22 BMW M3 E46

8:26 Nissan 350Z

8:26 BMW 335i E92 Coupe

nurburgring...they dont have the 330ci lol

sorry for going on about this man, i know what my zeds capable of, i dont like people sayin theyre slow, cuz i sure as well know it aitn slow and i no what cars i can **** over and not cuz ive done it :| i can say that the closest match i had was an S2000

EDIT: ill stop now, every1 has their own opinions. sorry guys lol

8:22 BMW M3 E46

8:26 Nissan 350Z

8:26 BMW 335i E92 Coupe

nurburgring...they dont have the 330ci lol

sorry for going on about this man, i know what my zeds capable of, i dont like people sayin theyre slow, cuz i sure as well know it aitn slow and i no what cars i can **** over and not cuz ive done it :| i can say that the closest match i had was an S2000

EDIT: ill stop now, every1 has their own opinions. sorry guys lol

thats what i would have said, the S2000 is a close match, i looked at one, but found the styling to girly, and made it look like an MX5 (nothing wrong with an MX5 as its acracking caR) but i need a big butch car as i'm a big man :lol:

Road racing, the key to a cars performance :doh:

I wouldnt say the ring is a great indication, its a little long for some smaller cars.....

Anywho tricky as i said dont expect the awe inspiring grunt of a supra :thumbs:

Road racing, the key to a cars performance :doh:

I wouldnt say the ring is a great indication, its a little long for some smaller cars.....

Anywho tricky as i said dont expect the awe inspiring grunt of a supra :thumbs:

but we're not talking about smaller cars ;)

The thing i found with a Z is that when i first drove one on a test drive a year or two ago i was unimpressed after a 10min drive. But now i have one and have racked up some miles the view changed so much, its the whole package you need to look at

There have been many cars i have test drove and liked only to find out over the next few weeks they suck :doh: probable why i have now had 13 cars after 6 years driving :bangin: