Advice using a Megs G220 Dual Action polisher

From A to Zed

Hi guys, I am looking for some tips from those in the know when it comes to machine polishing :thumbs:

A trusted friend of mine has offered to correct some swirls and imperfections on my Zed using his Megs G220 Dual Action polisher. I have seen examples of his work (over the past few years) and I trust him with my car.

Needless to say the car will have thorough rinse, snow foam and wash before the detailing begins.

Do you think the below list of pads and polishes are suitable for the Zed? Currently I am claying the car twice a year and topping up my wax (poorboys Natty paste) every two weeks. My paint is very smooth to the touch but being black some swirls are visible.

Thanks all;

---

The machine is a Megs G220 Dual Action polisher. I suspect I would need:

1* Lake Country 165mm light cut pad and 1* Lake Country 100mm light cut spot pad

1* Lake Country 165mm polishing pad and 1* Lake Country 100mm polishing spot pad

Depending on how soft your paint is, I may need an extra 165mm light cut or polishing pad as they tend to clog up pretty quick and you need a pad change to keep things clean.

I would use Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (although I need to check how much I have left).

Followed by BlackFire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Followed by BlackFire Wet Diamond Paint Protection – I’ll do a couple of coats.

Or I can substitute in the BlackFire stuff with whatever Poorboys you want me to use... BlackHole Glaze followed by Nattys is a good combo.

Sounds like it is on the right track, however, he needs to see how he gets on with the pad and polish combo as to how effective it is. When I did mine, polish and light cut were all I needed by way of pads, but I used SSR1, SSR2 and SSR2.5 to get the level of correction I was happy with. I would suggest he has more grades of polish in his bag than just one ;)

Thanks Chirs,

Maybe some T-cut for deeper stuff then..... Just kidding :p

Do those pads sound ok? This is a whole new game for me.

Cheers,

Matt

Assuming you arent after full correction (with which you would need to use a paint depth gauge to make sure you dont do damage), then polish and light cut pads will be fine. You will need at least 2 grades of polish though to get a nice finish after cutting into the laquer as it might be marred slightly :thumbs:

Check out the Detailing World ( www.detailingworld.co.uk/ ) guides for more info :)