Automatic log in

Been meaning to raise this for a while - despite many attempts, I don't seem to be able to get the automatic log in to work. Any suggestions? :unsure:

Jim

I am sure you are aware of this but do you allow cookies to be placed on your PC?

This is how the site knows it is you that is accessing it (I think ;) )

Hitting 'remember username & password' in XP also helps.

Neil

I have allowed pop-ups on the site. Is that what you mean?

Jim

No...and I am sure that one of the site administrators can clarify...when you go to the site via Explorer, a reference will be made to ensure you are visiting again by looking at your PC for a cookie that was placed the first time you logged in to the site.

If you have removed cookies whilst 'cleaning' your Internet connection such a History, Cookies, Temp Internet Files, Form Data & Passwords, ('Control Panel - Internet Options - General Tab) you need to prompt the site to place another.

This is where I get lost I am afraid as I do not know how to prompt the site - Can someone help Jim please?

Thanks

Neil

Thanks Neil, I know what you mean about clearing the cookies etc., except I haven't done that for a while. Even so, I would have thought that by placing a check in the box at login that would trigger the cookie from the site? Maybe one of the moderators can help.

Jim

Guest prescience

Can you have a check from the Explorer window of your

Tools->Internet Options>Privacy Tab setting please

Guest prescience

Please try this:

0. Logout from 350z-uk.com

1. Tools->Internet Options->General Tab->Settings.

2. View Files and look for a cookie of the form

Cookie:'PC_username'@350z-uk.com

3. If it exists, delete it.

4. Close browser and other windows.

Restart browser and login, selecting Remember Me

Check that the cookie has been recreated.

Try and go with that and see if it works - otherwise, I'm stumped

Couldn't find a cookie with that name, thoughthere were hundreds and I may have missed it. I cleared all files from the Temp Internet folder and started again as you advised. Still no cookie of that name, just GIF images, a couple of icons and templates. Still having to log in each time.

Jim

Couldn't find a cookie with that name, thoughthere were hundreds and I may have missed it. I cleared all files from the Temp Internet folder and started again as you advised. Still no cookie of that name, just GIF images, a couple of icons and templates. Still having to log in each time.

Jim

Posted too quickly there - tried again and it seems to be working now. Not sure what I did but :thumbs:

Jim

Jim

Posted too quickly there - tried again and it seems to be working now. Not sure what I did but :thumbs:

Jim

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I hate loggin in :thumbdown: