Nissan 400Z

Lyger

there is a vq40 engine but I doubt it will ever hit a z engine... it would go over the skyline which isnt in the roadmap...

v8 zed, nice thoughts, factory turbo zed, nice thoughts, but all dreams I think...

Roadmap is for smalled sports cars to rival the mx-5 market and the hot hatch cars like the clio end of the market me thinks...

there will be some nissan hybrids too out in the next year or so...... the toyota does look quite nice though..

Saw the lexus hybrid at goodwood... looked lovely but there was no sound... have a feeling that there will be a company making exhausts with speakers in, in the future so the noise matches the looks.......... Hmm.... Must get on to the patent office!!! Thats my idea!!

i don't exactly know how toyota are going to run it, but they currently have a hybrid performing in the japanese GT series i think.

i wonder if it will be like the current lexus hybrid, uses the motors to pull away, stop start round town stuff, as long as youyr gentle on the pedal etc. but when you put your foot down the V6 kicks in, and bring on the noise. :lol:

i don't exactly know how toyota are going to run it, but they currently have a hybrid performing in the japanese GT series i think.

i wonder if it will be like the current lexus hybrid, uses the motors to pull away, stop start round town stuff, as long as youyr gentle on the pedal etc. but when you put your foot down the V6 kicks in, and bring on the noise. :lol:

Biggest issue at the moment for sports hybrids is the batterys... too many needed = heavy weight.. But on the + side, the torque band is the same from 0 to 6000rpm... chances are the electric will power off the line and then the engine kick in for cruising and thus charging the batterys... (like the prius / lexus!!) So no... no sound off the line :( But I will be rich from my Exhauspeakers !!!