AirCon Not cold?

Rob_Quads

Had my 2nd hand 2yr old UK Z for 3/4 days and the last couple days have been quite warm. Even with the aircon set to the coldest setting I just found that it was blowing hot air rather than cooling it as well.

Is this common? Its got "Climate Control Air Con" so I presume it would chill the air on a hot day but i found the inside of the car really stuffy.

Guest prescience

Warranty job mate - assume this is no prob. on your UK car.

Climate control is pretty good and on the lowest setting, should certainly cool the car :) If you don't run the Air Con all the time (I know I do winter and summer), sometimes it gives issues. happens on other cars too :)

Probably a daft question but.....

Are you sure you switched the air con on, rather than just dial in the lowest temperature?

You need to push the temperature dial to turn on the aircon. The light will come on on the dial.

Sorry if it was a daft question. :blush:

Ah - just been out - I presumed by setting it on to auto that it would mean it turns the air con on.

So if you don't press the button it just puts on the fans - is that not a bit pointless. Would have thought if you turned on the fans you would want the air-con to kick in.

Tommorow on the way to work I will check but that sounds like the problem - Doh typical newbee :teeth:

Ah - just been out - I presumed by setting it on to auto that it would mean it turns the air con on.

So if you don't press the button it just puts on the fans - is that not a bit pointless. Would have thought if you turned on the fans you would want the air-con to kick in.

Tommorow on the way to work I will check but that sounds like the problem - Doh typical newbee :teeth:

:rtfm::lol:

I also seem to notice when I start my car and the air-con goes on automatically, it's not really cold. This seems to be related that my climate control decides to use air from inside of the car only and switch much later to outside air. If I select the 'outside air' straight away, the air-con is really cold.

Just my experience with it....

Guest prescience

This has been mentioned before but Press and Hold the A/C button and the best option 'inside air/outside air' should be selected :)