Dyno Graphs for std/TT/SC?

bernmc

I remember seen some dyno graphs for the Z somewhere, but can't find them again.... does anyone have, or know where I can find graphs for:

• [*:yg8dc07y]The standard Car
    [*:yg8dc07y]APS Twin Turbo
    [*:yg8dc07y]Supercharger

I'd perfer dyno dynamics graphs if possible as they're standardised and reproducible, but anything will do at a push!

Ta

Just an idea -want to see the differnce in power and torque curves (and get some idea of why the std engine feels so much less punchy than my VR4 - think it may just be because of a more linear power delivery, althugh the VR4's curve isn't that pointy...)

Completely std car - 280BHP.

TT and SC - whatever people on the forum are running, although judging by the massive response, no-one here is... :teeth: Down at the back! Form an orderly queue! ONE AT A TIME I SAID. :angry:

:D

OK I'll start off but give me a chance I had a parents evening to go to :p

gallery_128_71_25585.jpg

Invida true dual, Kentix Plenum and Grounding Kit :D

gallery_128_71_52435.jpg

Invida true dual, Kinetix Plenum and High Flow Cats, Grounding Kit, Vortech Supercharger :teeth:

taverumuch!

I assume the first was a chassis dyno too, and the 'flywheel' figure is actually wheel + fudge-factor?

WRC normally give power at the wheels when they use the 'std shootout' settings - is that the case here, or is it also wheels+fudge factor?

First graph shows why the Legnum feels quicker - although peak torque and power figures are virtually the same, the Legnum has 80% of peak power by 4000 rpm, 90% by 4500 and maintains this or above right to the red line- the curve is much flatter than the Z's.

The supercharger graph is in a different league though... drool!

taverumuch!

I assume the first was a chassis dyno too, and the 'flywheel' figure is actually wheel + fudge-factor?

WRC normally give power at the wheels when they use the 'std shootout' settings - is that the case here, or is it also wheels+fudge factor?

It was the one where the wheels come off and yes wheels+fudge for both

Weren't you @ WRC sometime in May?

@ Smokey, that custom exhaust/cats made one hell of a difference B)

Yeah - we had a clubvr4 dyno day there (great fun). A couple of us went down the weekend before to have a look-see and help them set up for the VR4's as they hadn't run them before. They had two Z's in at the time - one getting two hairdryers, and one getting a SC.

Great bunch.

Agree about that exhaust - 30BHP :scare: !!!

Yeah - we had a clubvr4 dyno day there (great fun). A couple of us went down the weekend before to have a look-see and help them set up for the VR4's as they hadn't run them before. They had two Z's in at the time - one getting two hairdryers, and one getting a SC.

Great bunch.

Agree about that exhaust - 30BHP :scare: !!!

I was collecting mine on your dyno day then :D

I was collecting mine on your dyno day then :D

Small World :yahoo: !!!! Wish I'd met you - would have wheedled a ride in the passenger seat! I had to leave early on the day (job interview on the Monday that I had a ton to do for). Owning a 350Z was just a dream then.

I've probably got pics of your car on my PDA - I took loads that weekend and the weekend before to send to my wife (she's the official Z owner - I just get to borrow it whenever I can convince her that she needs load capacity!).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Smoky,

Its been a couple of months now since this post kicked off, how have you found the performance now you have lived with it for a bit?

is it hardcore all the way or is it *possible* as a daily driver?

I want more power *everyday* but I dont want to do a doughnut every time I'm sat in traffic! seriously considering an APS TT and would love to know your experience of living with it, reliability, how well it holds its tune etc....

Any info appreciated.