Possible suggestion for the forum....

This is just an idea for the moderators.

Would it be possible to display the PM in the email notification? The idea came to me after I lost the chance to buy some GMG nismo alloys a couple of weeks ago. If I had know how important the PM was, I would of made more of an effort to get on line to reply. I get my notifications through to my iPhone and think this idea would benifit quite a few people when it comes to trading or other important topics. You guys do an awesome job on here so I don't want you to think that I'm complaining. It's just an idea :D

cheers

chris

I get those details but I personaly think it's not enough. I'll give you an idea to what I mean. When submiting my intrest in the gmg nismos, I said that I needed a couple of days to decide and I was expecting a pm with a couple of photos showing suspension before an after lowering. So when I seen an email to do with the alloys, I naturally thought it was the photos, I couldn't get to a computer so I thought it could wait. It wasn't photos, it was a msg saying an offer had been made and that if he didn't hear from me, he would except. Guess what happend! Ive seen other forums send the pm in the email and it works well.

I get those details but I personaly think it's not enough. I'll give you an idea to what I mean. When submiting my intrest in the gmg nismos, I said that I needed a couple of days to decide and I was expecting a pm with a couple of photos showing suspension before an after lowering. So when I seen an email to do with the alloys, I naturally thought it was the photos, I couldn't get to a computer so I thought it could wait. It wasn't photos, it was a msg saying an offer had been made and that if he didn't hear from me, he would except. Guess what happend! Ive seen other forums send the pm in the email and it works well.

OK - think this is one for the Admin guys to advise if its possible etc......

OK - think this is one for the Admin guys to advise if its possible etc......

+1 Techie question which will have to wait for the boys in red. In the meantime I'll move the thread to the correct section.

its a nice touch i suppose,

i've just got used to if its a pm its important, especially if your in the midst of a possible sale. if you have an iphone and you could check your email then you should be able to check the pm.

you're right, I can check a pm on my iPhone but you require a half decent signal otherwise it's takes forever to open a page, sign in ect... It's a right hastle to do and where I am, I'm lucky to get one bar! Emails on the iPhone are different, they come through automaticly.

its a nice touch i suppose,

i've just got used to if its a pm its important, especially if your in the midst of a possible sale. if you have an iphone and you could check your email then you should be able to check the pm.

you're right, I can check a pm on my iPhone but you require a half decent signal otherwise it's takes forever to open a page, sign in ect... It's a right hastle to do and where I am, I'm lucky to get one bar! Emails on the iPhone are different, they come through automaticly.

i haven't learnt to do that, i have to do it maual stylee and tell it to go check the email account.

Hi,

Ill have a look into this and see what the pro's / con's are of doing this. :thumbs:

As Mike says, its not possible with the software in its present form, but there may be modifications that can be made to enable it. If its easy enough to allow this as an option then it is something that we can look to add.

Regards,

Chris.

:blush: Sorry Chris, its a fair point though because i thought you weren't interested anymore. I feel well guilty now

• 2 weeks later...