Speedo

Shaun1982

Hi guys, my zed speedo is a fair bit out, im driving with a road angel at the minute but its pretty much reading about 5mph more than the road angel says,I know they always read slightly over but just how far isnt right?

Its like i need to do 32/33 in a 30,55 in a 50,66 in 60 & 78 in a 70.

Anyone got any ideas as i dont think its right,looks to me like they could be kph clocks as you can just see the k blacked out.

All JDM's use kph clocks, but they're re-calibrated using an electical unit between the ecu and the speedo.

All speedo's are supposed to allow a 210% tolerance..

Do you know if yours is limited..? Mine is limited to 112.5, which shows at exactly 120mph on the speedo, and so do most other peoples.

Lol cheers guys, first time i noticed it was bringing it back from london following my dad,he buggered off then rang & asked whats up and why im so far back. Said i was doing 70 to which he replied im only doing 65 & your not catching me.

Marz id pressume its still limited yeah,not entirely sure though.My fto was wrong & still counting in kms when i got it,like you mentioned i had a delimit & converter chip fitted at the gearbox output speed sensor i think,that sorted that out fine,ended up with a 2/3mph difference like normal :)

Nearly all clocks are inaccurate, mine was reading 76 at 70 on the sat nav. Aftermarket Wheels and tyres make a difference. Different rolling radius's will alter the reading on the speedo, so in theory you can get a set up to match the correct speed. Even going from maximum tread to minimum tread will alter the speedo readings.

Dont use the speedo, just set the right hand dash pod to read the speed, its accurate as tested against both me Garmin Zumo and the older Street Pilot...

Ive got it on that mate but its still out with the road angel.Ill just drive by what the car says.lol. Not like ill get caught speeding that way :thumbs:

mines out by 6 mph.

don't forget its a safety feature, most normal people, (especially before the days of satnav) would be none the wiser. so if your speedo said 70 you though you were doing seventy. but most likely it was 65. it means on those odd occassions you weren't watching your speedo like a hawk and were accidently doing 74 and you went past mr plod or a camera, you didn't get points or a fine as you were still under the speed limit.

i use my satnav speed when travelling through average speed areas as it means i can overtake the normal people while still being at the correct speed.