New detailer......

speedy

i have been reading alot of the detailing of a car - didnt think there was so much to it.....I have a couple of questions..

1, what is the best run of the mill (not £45 odd) wax!

2, i have read that you should wax every week, but other say once a month - so how often?

3, polish! Every few months, but what is a good one.

Thanks

i like the Meguairs 3 stage clean, its a wash, polish and wax set. a good midrange set and moderate price. its what i've started with and has given me an easy start to detailing and its been really good. when mine runs out i'm tempted to try an expensive hard wax, but must admit the megs stuff is good.

i'm not a frequent washer, i probably clean the car once a month,

i'll clay bar it twice a year and i only polish it if it looks like it needs it, i.e. if i can see scratches etc.

i wax after every wash and i use the meguairs NXT car shampoo as it doesn't strip previous layers of wax.

infact you can see my cleaning process in this thread, and it might help give you some ideas of what others do and what products are out there and the fin ish you get etc.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=25492