search

Husky

Chris'I taught me a good trick.

Use google and include 350z-uk in the search!

You can also use '+' and 'and' to get what include a string.

yeah i do resort to google for 3's and 2's but its a pain and most people wont figure that out. i think it defaults to +'ing everything you type anyway :thumbs:

Is there any way of allowing search to return requests for a string with 2 or 3 characters? it would be handy.

eg. searching for a

V1 spoiler

oil change guide

etc.

:thumbs:

Unfortunately, due to technical constraints we cant allow anything under 3 characters. If you want to be a geek about it, basically it indexes all the words, so to index 2-3 char words, you can imagine would return an aweful lot to index.

As Stew says, use google and include the site name, works 9 times out of 10 :) (they have more space and power to index 2-3 char words)

Is there any way of allowing search to return requests for a string with 2 or 3 characters? it would be handy.

eg. searching for a

V1 spoiler

oil change guide

etc.

:thumbs:

Unfortunately, due to technical constraints we cant allow anything under 3 characters. If you want to be a geek about it, basically it indexes all the words, so to index 2-3 char words, you can imagine would return an aweful lot to index.

As Stew says, use google and include the site name, works 9 times out of 10 :) (they have more space and power to index 2-3 char words)

cheers for the explanation :) fair enough. i'll just continue to google. i suppose that's why alot of sites have google powered searches.

you can imagine would return an aweful lot to index.

reminds me of indexing in windows xp, what a pile of cr*p that was.

you can imagine would return an aweful lot to index.

reminds me of indexing in windows xp, what a pile of cr*p that was.

Yup, and still crap in Vista and Windows 7 :lol:

i cant tell anymore, my computer is extreme overkill for everything i do so it doesnt slow it, nice to know its still as s**t as ever :lol:

It may help to know that you can search for words of less than four characters as part of a phrase.

i.e. in the search box at the top you could type "oil change" (including the ""), then click the magnifying glass :thumbs:

Same with "V1 Spoiler" :)

ah, spot on! :thumbs: that'll do nicely thanks :)