Euro Trip- Help and Advice needed

IanS16

I dont think so I printed off all of the info from the AA and made up a little pack if I still had it I could have sent it to you, but im pretty sure its says speed camera detectors are illegal even on satnavs. there are signs in France for cameras but I saw hardly any signs in Germany. I found the easiest way is to just follow the flow of traffic and hope they know where the speed cameras are :lol:

But you neednt worry because we all know Z drivers never speed ilegally ;):lol:

You are right actually and it is illegal in Switzerland!!! :wacko: I am wondering though how a policeman can tell if the GPS device you have is loaded with speed cameras POI ( Point Of Interest)!!

He has no reason to suspect if he cant see it ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Is Ian back yet from his trip?

10 hours before I head out also to Europe...

Gonna head over to Folkstone to take the ferry over to Calais, followed by drive to Holland for some Snowboarding action in Snow world before heading over to do a coupla laps in a the Nurburgring and then driving back on Sunday... yup idea is to cover 800miles in 2 days ... hmmm not sure how comfy driving that long in a z is gonna be, but looking forward to the autobahn roads!

Question, how strick are police in France and Holland on license plates not having the GB or EUR signs? Noted mine doesn't have one!?

Is Ian back yet from his trip?

10 hours before I head out also to Europe...

Gonna head over to Folkstone to take the ferry over to Calais, followed by drive to Holland for some Snowboarding action in Snow world before heading over to do a coupla laps in a the Nurburgring and then driving back on Sunday... yup idea is to cover 800miles in 2 days ... hmmm not sure how comfy driving that long in a z is gonna be, but looking forward to the autobahn roads!

Question, how strick are police in France and Holland on license plates not having the GB or EUR signs? Noted mine doesn't have one!?

Yeah I was back a couple of weeks ago :)

The holiday turned out a little different to how we expected though, less driving and more drinking :teeth: . I went with my best mate - I could never sit with the missus in the car for that long :lol:

The zed was actually really comfy and I didn't really stop for any driving breaks other than the ferry crossings and to sleep.

Petrol in France was about 1.30 euros so its not THAT bad.

As for the number plate, I think as long as you have a GB magnetic sticker you are okay. I didn't have any brushes with the law at all, in fact I think we only saw 2 police cars the whole trip. The speed cameras are pretty hidden though, just concrete blocks and no road markings so you dont really see them till you have gone through them.