I think I've broken my favourate toy!

Cookbot

I've had my 350 for about 2 months now. After wanting one for about 3 years, I decided to splash the cash and get an 06 GT. I've been loving it ever since; however, after pulling out in quite a hasty fashion, the clutch pedal stayed all the way down and took a few secs of "pumping" to get it to return. It then proceeded to stink of that rank burned clutch smell; the bite now feels quite close to the top and is no longer as heavy to press. There's also a sort of squeaking sound like an un oiled door when you push it down, but it's only audible when the engine is off. I haven’t driven another 350, but are the clutches normally this heavy and like an on/off switch when changing gear or do I just need to get used to it?

Is my clutch much shagged and going to cost me mega pounds to be repaired?

My knowledge of petrol engines and more so 350’s is quite limited, so will help as many of you as possible but it could take some time to get used to things. I’m planning on joining a few of you at the Clumber meet or maybe around Lincolnshire some time, but it will depend on work and other life crap!

Cheers in advance for the advice.

Cookbot

oh oh, doesn't sound good to me! Quite a few clutch probs reported on here. Nissan can sting you for several hundred for this but the traders on here can do the parts cheaper. Try CS.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will fill you in.

:welcome: by the way.

Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Clutch issues are extremely common but we have all the fixes on here.

Impossible to say exactly what your problem is but the most common clutch issues are:

Worn and slipping clutch

Faulty clutch slave cyl.

Broken clutch fulcrum ball pin.

I have all the parts available and prices will depend on what exact model you have.

If you are getting a burning smell from the clutch then that means that it will be slipping and a new clutch assembly will be required. If that is the case you would be well advised to swop out the oem dual mass fly for a lightened aluminium single mass fly like Fidanza (which I also have in stock) when the gearbox is out.

But let's not get to far ahead of our selves here, best to get it checked out and get a professional diagnoses.

Get back to me if you require any further help or any parts. :thumbs:

Alex.

Thanks peeps, I'm going to have to find a good place close to Sheffield that'll look at it. Not too keen on official dealers, they usually (always) take the ****. Is it possible to inspect certain parts like the slave cyl or clutch fulcrum ball pin?

Cookbot