Need Bolts For My Alloys

Argyll

I had my Ascari Penta alloys refurbished and I need to replace the bolts that surround the rim of the wheel. The original bolts were a plastic coated crappy type so I want to have stailnless steel one's as replacements. I got one as a sample from a local alloy wheel shop but they want 50p each for them and I need 80! I'm told I should be able to buy them for a fraction of that on the web.

I'm not entirely sure about what size to ask for. The sample bolt I have has the torx fixing and I've drawn a rather crude drawing as a PDF which I've attached. I think the bolt size is an M6 but as I said I'm not sure.

Does anyone know what size to ask for and where I could purchase these please? I'd attach a photo but it's taken on my mobile phone and is very poor quality.

if its just a bog standard bolt and its a 6mm thread then its an M6 bolt, but i have a feeling thats not right, and with out seeing a pic i can't tell you.

does it have a square or a dome head, is it hexagonal in head shape or round?

is the outside of the bolt head knurled?

is the internal of the bolt an allan key fixing?

The wheel place should give you the proper spec as they need to know it to get them for you. If they cant and they are just guessing, best thing to do is to get down to your local nut and bolt place. Ask them for a replacement and for the specs of the bolt. Buy a few off them so not to waste their time (should only be a couple of quid), and then use those proper specs to get them off the web. :thumbs: