replacement exhaust

123matthewman

Hi, My standard exhaust has just broken at the connection between the back box and the central tube, (excuse the basic knowledge of car parts), the guy at the garage said it would be about 400 for parts and labour to replace these 2 parts.

i have found this kit on ebay and wondered if anyone knew if it was any good, or how easy to fit etc it is, and is this all i need to buy?

basically some good advice would be very much appreciated. here is the item:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-Z33-350Z-2 ... 911.c0.m14

it says it increases the power how does that affect insurance, im only 23 and a bit strapped for cash so dunno if this is a good route to take. is this some crappy part that will fall to bits? or is it worth purchasing and fitting rather than getting the garage to do it for 400?

cheers

looks like a scorpion exhaust, or a copy of it, don't know the seller so can't vouch for quality, if i were you i would do 1 of 2 things.

1. replace current system with new shiny one

2. get it repaired, a good place should be able to cut out the old pipe and weld in a new bit.

if you go the shiny new route, then speak to CS as he does several cost effective replacements which are known to be good quality

either the scorpion, K1 or K2,

me personally if you just want a replacement and easy fit unit then the K2 is possibly best.

if you want nuts out screamer of an exhaust the K1

scorpion is good, but have heard several fitment issues, not impossible to fit, but occasionally need some manhandling

thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it

i was looking at getting this one:

http://www.corbymotorsport.com/nissan-3 ... -1634.html

i spoke to my insurance and apparently its gonna cost an extra 80 quid to have a different exhaust, but even the guy at kwikfit said he coudlnt get an exact model of the one on the car, so surely this would the the same case wouldnt it?

are the insurance people just being robbing b******s? maybe should just not tell them