Hid's

Shaun1982

Glad to see you got one mate.

An H7 is a standard headlight bulb... the zed uses D2R HID bulbs.

My zed (and a LOT of JDM's) have the HID hardware but its often disconnected to get it through the SVA test when its imported, and then subsequently not reconnected. Have you definitely got HID?

The zed i bought yesterday has hids on it but hey arent nowhere near the standard of the hids on my fto,would anyone happen to know if theyre both the same size? I believe the zed bulbs are H7's ?

Tar muchly in advance

Shaun

I found that aswell my dipped and beams arent as good as the ones on my clio. Although after i got the beam pattern corrected its was better.

Yeah i definately got hids as the start up just like my fto hids. Maybe it just wants the beam pattern setting up then like someone mentioned.Was going to swap them over if they were the same.lol,for some reason they dont look quite as nice as the 6k in the fto

Yeah i definately got hids as the start up just like my fto hids. Maybe it just wants the beam pattern setting up then like someone mentioned.Was going to swap them over if they were the same.lol,for some reason they dont look quite as nice as the 6k in the fto

When i got my 350z look at the lights on a dark motorway if they are high and all over the place then get em sorted and it helps alot.

Standard zed D2R's are 4300k i think... maybe thats why they dont look as good as your old 6000k?

I cant remember if i've got 6000k or 8000k in mine, but they look ace!

the K doesnt determine how bright they are just how blue the light is

Indeed, a higher Kelvin rating will just make it more blue, but may make it look "better" too - not brighter.

But are 55w HIDs legal on UK roads? I know that you arent allowed more than 55w for normal bulbs but not the limit on HIDs.

Theyre quite low i think to be fair,they just seem to be a bit 'patchy' where as the others were quite evenly spread if you get me. So if i decide to change them could i get these from most places that sell hids?I got my last set from RiceRocketUK & theyve never missed a beat

Theyre quite low i think to be fair,they just seem to be a bit 'patchy' where as the others were quite evenly spread if you get me. So if i decide to change them could i get these from most places that sell hids?I got my last set from RiceRocketUK & theyve never missed a beat

I had to check that was an actual website :lol:

I know what you mean Chris,when i was looking earlier one place had them at £195, another at £90 then some randomly cheap ones on ebay.A few mates had cheaper HIDs & they didnt always like to fire up or ever really seemed to be as good as the ones i had, I had Katz in my first fto that i paid £120 for second hand then in the fto i have now ive got Kingwood in,theyve been really good