HEL Lines

BulletMagnet

Quite awhile ago, I bought a set of HEL Lines from CS, but never got around to have them fitted.

On Saturday (8th Aug 2009), SilentKK8 had a P3 service booked in at DMS Racing and I went along to check them out.

The P3 was done and Raymond (SilentKK8) was pleased with the result. I had asked Dixon whether they were busy today and if it wasn't too cheeky to ask to have my lines fitted.

Sure enough Dixon was more than happy to help, as long as there wasn't any problems during Rays service.

On the lift

DMS013.jpg

DMS012.jpg

Old OEM lines

DMS011.jpg

DMS010.jpg

DMS006.jpg

Old OEM lines in their new home....the bin

DMS005.jpg

New HEL lines in place

DMS009.jpg

DMS007.jpg

DMS008.jpg

DMS004.jpg

HEL didn't supply enough brackets

DMS003.jpg

But never fear

DMS001.jpg

Extra brackets in place

DMS002.jpg

I am well pleased with the extra sharpness my brakes now have and wonder why I didn't fit them sooner.

Did notice that the insides of my front discs a wearing and need replacement soon, so watch this space.

Finally thanks to Dixon and his crew, Dixon is the friendliest guy you'll meet.

So much so, that after I got home and thought about it, he reminded me of Han in F&F:Tokyo Drift, just super chilled and relaxed.

Cool...

I ruined my brakes on the wales run and have been doing without ever since (using gears to slow down, not driving too fast etc...)

Have been slowly getting the parts together to replace the whole lot in one go... goodridge lines, Endless pads, bt im going fr stock JDM disks... just waiting for CS to get the fronts in stock - i've already got the rears...

But it gonna feel like a new car when i get it all fitted!!

Your arches are minging! Think you need to clean them!

So can we expect a full hum dinger dixcel set up soon?

Also, what fluid you using?

I don't think I'll go for a full Dixcel setup, as I don't track the car at all, so going Dixcel may be overkill for day to day usage

Cool...

I ruined my brakes on the wales run and have been doing without ever since (using gears to slow down, not driving too fast etc...)

Have been slowly getting the parts together to replace the whole lot in one go... goodridge lines, Endless pads, bt im going fr stock JDM disks... just waiting for CS to get the fronts in stock - i've already got the rears...

But it gonna feel like a new car when i get it all fitted!!

Dixon commented that the Goodridge lines use steel fittings that will corrode over time, whereas the HEL ones use stainless fittings that won't.

He's the pro, not me, so I can only go by what Dixon says and I suppose he should know his stuff.