Cant get k1 exhaust to fit straight

MiKyHuT

recently purchased a K1 off the forum. fitting it to standard y pipe for now. took ages to get the old one off, hacking off old bolts and having to dril them out. but now i cant get the k1 to sit straight. it hands lower on the right. looks poo. i think its the twist in the long pipe before the two bolt in tips, pushing the left side up. because it doesnt seem to be hanging on the rubber on the left.

anybody else had any probs? maybe they have some fixing tecniques?

also, bit metal plate that goes across bottom of car, had to take it off to get at bolts etc. now its a pain to get on with the K1. is it structural? does it provide any strength? contemplating leaving it off, would this be bad?

thanks in advance.

sounds awesome tho, not too loud at all........ dont know what the fuss is about haha

Bit of metal plate? I didnt have to remove anything to get my K1 on. I'm assuming you mean the heat shield though?

Not sure about it bein wonky though, mine and nurrish's are pretty straight, maybe you have a bad one?

ha, you probs didnt have to remove this metal plate, my bolts were rusted to hell so had to remove it to get a grinder in place. if its anything like my fezza, it was just to keep the exhaust up if it fell off. but im no expert so thot i would ask. well, i bot it off someone on the forum, the car that had the nissbn number plate. it was straight on his, i just thot maybe id fitted it wrong. im going to run it into an exhaust centre tomorro, they probs have mad skills in gettin em straight, just thot you guys might have the answer.

Yeah, probably best to get the pros to do it :thumbs:

Sorry I couldn't be any more help mate :)

no probs at all. thanks anyway

so erm yeh, cold starts are, whats the word... ridiculous haha. no more sneakin about in the erly hours of the mornin for me

If you are referring to the rear exit pipe hanging lower than other then this is an easy fix by bending the bracket that the rear rubber hanger fits to. :thumbs:

I haven't a clue what metal plate you are referring to. Is it a Roadster or Coupe?

simple but effective ay. dont know why i didnt think of that. will give it a go tonight.

erm, its a coupe. Looks like a big black M. thats the best way to describe it. bolts on just infront of the rear wheels on either side and with 4 bolts near the join to the Y pipe.

haha, i see. i want mine to do that.

my car isnt that low.... but i do tend to take the ones you straddle at some speed. i forget what im driving somedays.....

hmm, well im gonna see if i can locate a ramp and get it stuck back on

just spotted this thread was ready to pm you to see how you got on as well :)

yeah i can confirm it sat perfect and straight on my car , soryr i cant help you anymore with it i didnt fancy climbing under my car so i got garage to remove it .

i ll got those bungs sent to you in next couple days mate

just spotted this thread was ready to pm you to see how you got on as well :)

yeah i can confirm it sat perfect and straight on my car , soryr i cant help you anymore with it i didnt fancy climbing under my car so i got garage to remove it .

i ll got those bungs sent to you in next couple days mate

aye, dont you worry, i see from the pictures it was straight on yours, im gonna give a go bending the little brackets at the weekend. ha cheers mate. I love the sound of this thing. just not great for dropping the gf off at 1, 2 in the morning. I live in a nice little village in southwest scotland on the coast. full of retired people up a private road.... hahaha sorry guys.

i end up taking her home in ma dads van =P

thatl keep ma milage down somewhat