Urgent Help Needed - Drivers window wont go up.

nicon2k

Let me start by saying that i home that i am doing something very stupid.

I had both windows down on my car about 5 mins before i set off the let all the hot air out. I locked the car out of habit and the alarm went off. No big deal.

I then set off. After driving for about 5 mins decided to put the windows up. The Passenger window went up fine but the drivers window will not go up!

I went back home, stoped the car. lock and unlocked the door, set and reset the alarm but stii the window refuses to move.

I had a quick look at all the fuses and they look fine. although i wasnt sure which one i should be checking. All the other stuff on the drivers door is fine too like the mirrors.

I have even tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it but that did not help.

Really need to figure out what this is as i cannot lock my car and i an screwed if it decided to rain.

Thanks

Steve

You can't do the reset procedure of the window is jammed in the fully down position. If you're lucky, it might free itself off after going over a few bumps or if you thump the door card. Failing that, you need to remove the door card, unscrew the plate behind it and remove it complete with the window motor assembly. You can then free the mechanism off. If it happens again, it may need a new motor/regulator unit.

Use the search button to find a few other threads covering these points, and good luck.

I think there is a dodgy connection on the door motors or something. I have a very intermittent passenger door window problem, the only things that seem to affect it are heat / moisture - when it has rained or really warm, it gets a bit funny. So far it has sorted itself within a few minutes each time.

Well its sorted now!

I was gunna take the door cards of myself but i couldn't find a guide of an 06. So using logic, i called the RAC out thinking that if the door card was broken, at least i wouldn't have to pay for it.

The RAC bloke was a lovely chap who took the dooor card off and the plate behind the door card. At that point he reconnected the switch and gave it a try.

Low and behold it started working and has been working fine ever since. He swears that he didn't actually do anything!

It will prob break again at some point but for now its working, which is great!

Thanks for all the help.