Beware, France has new speed limits in some areas!

Zazur

Hi guy's

Sorry meant to post this a couple of weeks ago but forgot :doh: .

If you are :drive1 in France over the summer period be warned alot of areas in France now have had a new speed limit imposed of 110 kmh due to pollution :yuck: .

So if you see a 110kmh on the motorways be carefull lots of police :nono: with speed cameras to enforce :fishslap: the new limits and they are now chasing cars from outside France for the speeding fines :banned:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :nono:

alot of areas in France now have had a new speed limit imposed of 110 kmh due to pollution :yuck: .

I see the green momentum has now started infiltrating the historically more stubborn regions of Europe. I would have hoped the French of all people would have stood up to this nonsense. It is normally us Brits that roll over and take it up the exhaust pipe.

How does speed affect pollution exactly? Surely thats clutching at straws, even for tree huggers?

alot of areas in France now have had a new speed limit imposed of 110 kmh due to pollution :yuck: .

How does speed affect pollution exactly? Surely thats clutching at straws, even for tree huggers?

Agree, i'd like to see proof that emissions drop by changing the speed limit. It has already been proven that when there was a proposal to dropping the national speed limit to 20mph instead of 30mph it casues more pollution

I would like to know how they chase up the fine in the UK.... I thought the tickets get lost "in the system" and are hard to carry through and that you only need to worry if a police officer pulls you over?

Depends if you ever fancy going back to France ever again after getting one. If you don't, then don't pay it. :thumbs:

Agree, i'd like to see proof that emissions drop by changing the speed limit. It has already been proven that when there was a proposal to dropping the national speed limit to 20mph instead of 30mph it casues more pollution

Don't know the exact reasoning behind this but this is the reason they have stated for the speed limit reduction and they are heavilly policeing it :thumbdown:

They are now chasing speeding motorist due to the fact that the English and German drivers are now taking the Pi$$ by speeding more than everyone else and they have now announced that they will persue speeding drivers with foreign plates :nono:

Good, I hope they nail them to the wall. It's no difference than if loads of foreigners came over here and started speeding like crazy, we'd expect our police to crack down on them as well.

And that's from someone who got left 750EU lighter after an encounter with the Gendarmes two months ago.

Europe it's becoming street road safe too, I'm Italian and last june and went home for two weeks and they got a average speed cameras on the motorway which it sucks considering that you used to be able to drive at 120 mph while now pass the 90 mph you get 3 points

How exactly can they reach a foreign plate speeding car if the only thing they have is a camera photo?? I understand that if they stop u , u r out of luck but is there any way to make you pay if they just photograph your car?

They will now contact the british authorities for help in this matter so they say :wacko:

About a week too late :) Did see a policeman with a speed gun too! Think I was doing 120kph in a 110. Whats normal allowance over there or is there no tolerance?

Chilli, usually if they are using a speed gun and they catch you speeding they either chase after you or if you are on a pay road they catch you at the next toll section.

If you were not stopped I would say you are ok :thumbs: