WALES: 10/11 OCTOBER 2009 DETAILS - UPDATE

Ebized

Just a reminder that it is a little less than 3 weeks to go, so please do put your name down if you are hoping to join us.

So, if you want to join us please put your name down on the list: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25921 for one or both days.

Rather than using the same area as in previous Wales drives we have gone for something different that will take place around the Mid Wales area. Not only will there be some great driving roads but the scenery will be fantastic too (Welsh weather allowing :lol: ). We need to place a limit of 30 cars taking part and it is for 350/370Z's only. The full itinery, including suggested routes, will be provided in the week before the event.

On the Saturday there will be a mini drive out of about 80 miles that will start about 11.00 and include lunch and photo stops.

On the Sunday the drive will be around 180 miles, starting at 10.00 with lunch, afternoon tea and photo stops.

This link will give you an idea of some of the areas we will be visiting.

http://www.touristwales.co.uk/Drives/Drives.html

The start/finish venue is Moreton Park Lodge at Chirk, LL14 5DG, which is just north of Oswestry and south of Wrexham.

http://www.moretonpark.com/pages/new_site/index.html

20 double rooms (smoking and non-smoking) @ £60 per room and and 10 de-luxe rooms @£65 per room have been reserved for the nights of 10th and 11th October (BOOKING REFERENCE FROM EBIZED) - if you need to stay the Friday night as well mention that when booking. First come first served. These rooms really need to be booked by the end of August as after that Moreton PL are likely to put any left back for general release.

You will see there is an attached restaurant and there is also a very good pub/restaurant just a couple of hundred yards down the road. There are BP and Shell garages within half a mile.

It has been pointed out the +1's might get restless without some shops to look round and I should have mentioned Moreton Park right next door that is a huge gardening/shopping facility.

This link will give you an idea: http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/wrexham/business-guide/feature/moreton-park-garden-centre/26689

Moreton Park Lodge guests have free access to the Lions Quay leisure facilities nearby:

http://moretonhotel.moonfruit.co.uk/#/t ... 4535602115

The Saturday and Sunday lunch stops and Sunday afternon tea stop have also been arranged and full details will be provided with the itinery. However for those wanting to know a little more at this stage the Saturday lunch stop will be here:

http://oldbarncafe.com/default.aspx

The Sunday lunch stop will be here (it has a large car park):

http://brynafon.co.uk/

They have agreed to provide a roast or fish or veggie meal with juice. £10 will cover the full cost of each meal/juice. You can separately buy sweets if you want and other drinks can be bought at the bar that is within the restaurant area.

and the afternoon tea stop will be here:

http://www.llanidloes.com/red_kite_kiosk/index.html

PM me for details of the booking reference if you need accommodation and know that you definitely will want to be take part.

Ebized (Colin) :)

Decided to do a test run on Friday and boy did we pick a great day - Wales in sunshine :D

Although we are not sending out the route details until the week beforehand just thought we would tempt you with some pics of the areas we will be visiting (in no particular order and some pics taken on another visit)

P1050621.jpg

P1050615.jpg

P1050617.jpg

ExportFrame4.jpg

P1050603.jpg

P1050610.jpg

P1050559.jpg

and a bit of self-indulgence :lol:

P1050609.jpg

Just a few help points

The de-luxe rooms at the Moreton have a double bed on the upper floor and a sofa bed on the ground floor (with a telly in each part), which makes it ideal for those who may having travelling partners they don't normally sleep with :lol::blush: At £65 at night for the room, which includes full English breakfast, they are excellent value.

I am pretty sure I have sorted out a hose we can use there to wash the cars - to be confirmed.

Good and cheap food at the local pub in walking distance- "The Poachers Pocket" whilst right next door to the accommodation is a very large garden centre that might appeal to those not interested in car washing :lol:

Hope you can join us on the 10/11 October :thumbs:

Don't forget to pm me for the accommodation booking code.

Colin

i suppose this is just down the road so i have no excuse not to pop along on one of the days :blush:

which day would be best to come along? im not fussy. :)

Both days of course :lol:

The main run is on the Sunday leaving Moreton Park at 10.00 and should be back for 18.00. The Sunday run will leave about 11.00am and likely to be back about 16.30 so that cars can be cleaned up for the next day. :)

Be great to have you along :thumbs:

i suppose this is just down the road so i have no excuse not to pop along on one of the days :blush:

The main run is on the Sunday leaving Moreton Park at 10.00 and should be back for 18.00. The Saturday run will leave about 11.00am and likely to be back about 16.30 so that cars can be cleaned up for the next day. :)

im tempted with both days, is a two hour drive home and then 2 back in the morning acceptable? hmm

i think i will come along for the sunday run! :teeth: just need to find a co-driver, i'll add my name to the sunday list now :thumbs:

The main run is on the Sunday leaving Moreton Park at 10.00 and should be back for 18.00. The Saturday run will leave about 11.00am and likely to be back about 16.30 so that cars can be cleaned up for the next day. :)

im tempted with both days, is a two hour drive home and then 2 back in the morning acceptable? hmm

i think i will come along for the sunday run! :teeth: just need to find a co-driver, i'll add my name to the sunday list now :thumbs:

Why not stay overnight and do both - for £60 + a meal isn't that worth it to meet up with members on here over a few jars that you you only so far exchanged pleasantries with, or in the case of Nixy, wound up :lol:

Why not stay overnight and do both - for £60 + a meal isn't that worth it to meet up with members on here over a few jars that you you only so far exchanged pleasantries with, or in the case of Nixy, wound up :lol:

hmm i'll have a think. nixy's not going is she, oh dear :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...