Auto or manual?

MAXlMUS

Good good!

In addition, i've taken my zed on a couple of drift days and have no problems with the autobox. The manual mode on it is excellent, and i've modded mine to use paddle shifts rather than pushing the gear stick up and down.

...but try to drive both if you can before making decisions.... im sure all the manual drivers on here will tell you im wrong and that you need a manual in a proper sports car... but the zeds not a propper sports car, so you'll be alright :p

Good good!

In addition, i've taken my zed on a couple of drift days and have no problems with the autobox. The manual mode on it is excellent, and i've modded mine to use paddle shifts rather than pushing the gear stick up and down.

...but try to drive both if you can before making decisions.... im sure all the manual drivers on here will tell you im wrong and that you need a manual in a proper sports car... but the zeds not a propper sports car, so you'll be alright :p

how did you get the paddle shifts? B) Do you have any pics?

how did you get the paddle shifts? B) Do you have any pics?

Here you go mate...

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21147&hilit=paddle+shift&start=0

I've made quite a bit of progress since these pics, i've totally redesigned the mechanism but have just not yet finished the look - so am not posting any more progress till i get round to finishing them.

Certainly in the Vw's i'm used to the tiptronic's are always fractionally quicker to 60 than manuals.

For me tho i'm a manual only kinda guy.

Hate the way the auto's change up in corners and unsettle the car.

The VW DSG box however is being tuned so it can be used fully manual and doesnt change until you decide. If this goes for all auto's then i could be tempted to admi they are ok !

i have an auto and im quite happy with it, im not a fan of it in auto mode but in manual mode i think it is great as i think it is quality how u just touch the gear knob and it changes gear, only bit i dont like is when it automatically changes to 3rd and 1st if ya goin to slow. if i wanted it in auto mode id of put it in auto mode.

i was the same about colour, i had my heart set on a black one and that was sold then a silver 1 with a nismo kit popped up and i thought it was a beaut. i still personally think it looks best in black as a standard car, but with the nismo kit on silver takes some beating, although i now really like it in white, but they seem quite expensive as they only started making it in white a bit later on

its not bad if your flat out it seems just as quick as a manual if not quicker, sometimes if your poodlein there is a slight delay but i think i prefer it to a manual, only thing is i fancy doin a few quater mile races in mine dont really see the point, theres no clutch control and just takes way the fun.