2007 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500....wow

Kev946

Very tempted, and all for only $42,000 B)

Does anyone know of any good reviews? I've read Evo Magazine's.

Click Here

Just as the big-block GT500 from 1967 was a step up from the GT350, the 2007 Ford Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter V-8 is a step up from the 4.6-liter V-8 used in the last SVT Mustang Cobra. Not coincidentally, the 2007 Shelby GT500 sports the largest-displacement engine installed in a volume version of the Mustang since 1973.

While the 5.4-liter V-8 block, overhead cams and four valves per cylinder contribute significantly to horsepower capability of the GT500, adding a supercharger and intercooler are the icing on the cake. In fact, the configuration is similar to the Ford GT supercar, offering the right combination of classic Ford big-block power and modern technology. Using the Ford GT as a blueprint, SVT has given the GT500 more total horsepower than any factory Mustang in the car’s celebrated history: An SAE certified 500!

Using the stout cast-iron, 5.4-liter Triton V-8 as a starting point, the Shelby GT500 employs a Roots-type 8.5-pounds-per-square-inch Eaton supercharger and water-to-air intercooler to help it produce a broad torque band on its way to making a stout 480 foot-pounds.

1145973844.jpg

I've had my eye on this one for bit. Not sure I could put up with the left hand drive and slightly "medallion" image. ;)

Yea, I know what you mean, but hey we drive Datsuns...:lol:

no this is a DATSUN, one I had earlier (much earlier :scare: )

260z.jpg

I've had my eye on this one for bit. Not sure I could put up with the left hand drive and slightly "medallion" image. ;)

260z.jpg

Is that you lomoto? :scare:

260z.jpg

yep in 1979 :headhurt: dont say anything

260z.jpg

You look quite old in 1979. I wasn't even born :teeth:

260z.jpg

really .... that photo you posted earlier didnt give that impression :p

260z.jpg

Photoshop at its best :p

260z.jpg

Photoshop at its best :p

it's the way we tell em Sarnie :teeth::teeth::teeth::yahoo:

260z.jpg

Why am I suddenly humming the Professionals theme....... B)

Oh and big respect to the Wolfrace wheels and white-lettered tyres. Coooooool!!! :thumbs:

cutting edge in those days I,m afraid :blush: was a real blast of a car though... would be worth a bob or two now I would have thought :)

Unfortunately the old girl ended up on her roof, too quick corner speed clipped a kerb and over she went :scare:

God knows how I came out unhurt , no seat belt and it had one of those poxy glass roofs in, that smashed straight away.., only cut my arm where the road grazed it..

Girlfriend of the time was non too impressed either, luckily she was strapped in...

Sounds like a lucky escape! :wacko:

I love the proportions - all bonnet and tiny cabin over the rear wheels! I think that's why I'm in the minority fancying the Z4M Coupe.

yes ., nice cars the Z4, only problem I can find with them is virtually ever time I see one it's being driven by a female ;)

Guest prescience

I love the proportions - all bonnet and tiny cabin over the rear wheels! I think that's why I'm in the minority fancying the Z4M Coupe.

yes ., nice cars the Z4, only problem I can find with them is virtually ever time I see one it's being driven by a female ;)

Can't say I see that as a problem ;) prefer it to big hairy blokes

Can't say I see that as a problem ;) prefer it to big hairy blokes

no problem with em driving em, I just wouldnt want to be seen in one , funny how some cars are perceived as blokes cars and others for the ladies ;)

Guest prescience
Lomoto/ Sarnie, please stop posting pic's of you and your cars.... Cars are just fine :p:p:p

:lol:

Sure chesterfield will be around shortly to tidy them up, it is family viewing after all :yuck::p

Either that or arseholes..... as lets face, most and I say most (not all) BMW's are driven by people who think they are a "cut above" anyone else on the road. That "I drive a Beemer, therefore I've made it in life".....

Gets right on my tits, especially on a motorway... where lane discipline + indicators obviously do not exist in the standard equipment.

No matter how good a car it was, never buy a BMW (just my personal opinion!)

...... and breathe :blush: