Please Help......

bazza1702

Hi Guys, Im posting this in the vague hope that someone may have had this problem before, as Im really starting to lose faith in my zed.....

I have a 2003 fairlady zed which I bought from a small garage at the end of March. Had 5 weeks of fairly trouble free motoring, then all of a sudden the car wouldnt start.

I had the problem diagnosed as the bcm unit which has since been replaced, but my problem now is that it seems that the key wont keep its code.

The Nats code was programmed in last night, and the car has sat all night and most of today, getting checked regularly, all working fine, then all of a sudden it is not recognising the key.

It is throwing up a fault code saying that it is not recognising a key.... :angry:

Has anyone had this problem before or can shed any light of what it could be please...?

ZManAlex has been helping me on this one, but I cant get a hold of him today

This is the 12th week of the car being off the road, and its really strting to get me down.....

The garage tried swapping a chip in the key over last night and coded it in before they left for the night.

The car was still fine this morning, until mid afternoon, then it all of a sudden didnt recognise the key again...

Could it be a faulty bcm unit...?

I wouldnt have though that as it is storing the fault codes, but its really stressing me out..!!

Thanks for your help so far though Lee