Gear Change

BladesGrant

I seem to get a noise (possibly a slight crunch feel as well) when I change from 1st to 2nd gear. Now this only happens occasionally and only appears to happen when changing at low revs. If I go above 3/3.5k it never seems to make a noise and it never makes the noise when going from 3rd to 2nd. Its very strange and although it doesn't seem to be causing any problems (that I know of) it is just weird and frustrating. Does anyone elses Zed have this problem or should I be worried?!? :scare:

This is where someone tells me my ear box is knackered and I need a replacement for one millllllllllllllllllllllion dollars!!!! :lol:

My Zed and I believe a lot of others are a pain when cold however when warmed up it is fine when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I believe there is an issue with the synchro in sixth and i have noticed if I go from 4th to 6th or speedily from 5th to 6th it will crunch . :angry:

You could always try changing the oil (remember it is a gl4 on the early models and DO NOT put in GL5 as this will destroy the synchro rings as they are bronze/brass) This may help your cold shifts :thumbs:

Thanks for the info. It does feel like it's a synchro issue. I was testing it tonight and if I apply pressure away (to the left) it seems to go in better than if I just pull down without any sideways pressure. Maybe thats why it us fine from 3rd to 2nd as well. As long as I don't need a new gear box!!! :lol: