Slip Light and no acceleration??

Rob2005

Wonder if anyone can help.

I picked up My 03 Import 350Z yestarday from Reading and while driving it back home to Cardiff along the M4 the 'SLIP' light came on while i was lightly accelerating at 70mph.

It happened on several occasions along the motorway, i simply put the car in neutral gave it a quik rev and then i could accelerate.

Im new to this forum so im unsure if this is a common problem.

Having spoken to the dealer today they have told me they will pay for this to be put right, so im just wondering if anyone has an idea what it could be.

Thanks

Rob

Nope, no reason it would have broke traction at all.

They arent standard wheel though, i have 19" Racing hearts.

245-35-19 front tyre size on a 9x19 wheel

275-30-19 rear tyre size on a 10x19 wheel.

Maybe the wheels??

Nope, no reason it would have broke traction at all.

They arent standard wheel though, i have 19" Racing hearts.

245-35-19 front tyre size on a 9x19 wheel

275-30-19 rear tyre size on a 10x19 wheel.

Maybe the wheels??

Possibly,,, more likely esp sensors playing up!!!

I would would say it's the 30 profile tyre you got in the back. Some Z's VDC/TCS are really sensitive regarding the overall height of your wheels. People like lomoto run it with no problems, while others have the interference of the VDC all the time...

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I had a similar problem when driving my leggie back from the liverpool docks - was a nearly flat battery strangely enough. Put a new battery in, and problem solved.

Other possibility (apart from those mentioned) is a faulty or fouled ABS sensor or damaged abs ring.

I don't know how clever the Nissan system is, but anything that significantly alters the rolling diameter of one of the wheels may trigger the system - again on the legnum if one of the tryres drops below 30psi (std 34psi), it starts to trigger the Active Yaw. As you already have a different rolling diameter due to different profiles, a change in tyre pressure may be much more noticable...?

:headhurt: