Custom Sat Nav Cubby Hole Question

Reekie

Hi Guys,

Firstly a welcome!! I've been the proud owner of a Zed for the last 2 weeks, love it!!

I've just purchased a "Carputer" and a 7 inch Lilliput monitor that I'm in the process of installing. Just wondering where people are getting the little face plate that covers the old Japanese buttons in the cubby hole??

Looking at the other posts, I think Nurrish could be the man to answer the question?

Any help!??

Thanks

Can you post details of your Carputer install, I have had the Z for a year and a half and am quite fed up with Jap stuff that dont work, its a shame though coz the car is fully loaded with every tech gadget on the options list, I would love to have the buttons do something, thats off the subject I'm asking about but shows my fustration at the design...

Yes, mondo info required, I have read up on this but still no farther forward, actually seeing something that works and looks good would spurr me on to spend the dosh...

Cheers...

Frustrating isn't it, my car is the same, all these extras, sat nav, tv, dvd, bluetooth etc etc etc and you can't use any of them!!!

Yeah, I'll get a few pics up, it's not installed yet.

I've gone for a pre-built computer system that is already loaded with sat-nav, mp3, bluetooth and dvd, and I'm intending to sit that in the glove compartment behind the passenger seat. Then I've got a 7 inch Lilliput touchscreen monitor that will have to replace the standard monitor (that again is absolutely useless!!).

The actual system is pretty simple, and wiring should be easy. It's just fitting it!! Hopefully it won't be too bad, a little nervous about stripping the dash board though!!

I'll get a few pics up of during and after the install, hopefully it will do the job!!

I'm getting there with it, the computer is installed in the glovebox behind the passenger seat, all the cables are through the armreast and up to the back of the cubby hole.

I've got my screen and I just need to mount it in the cubby hole and connect it up..... i think.

I managed to get around the face plate problem as well and I'm really chuffed with the results. I took out the old Jap buttons, fibreglassed over the holes that were left, sanded it down and sprayed it. I also left in the big circular button and fitted a push-to-make swith in there to turn the computer on, it looks good.

Obviously you'll want some pictures, once it's all up and done I'll write a whole new thread incase anyone wants to see it in action.

Hopefully by the weekend, fingers crossed!!

• 2 weeks later...