New Custom Sat Nav installed

maxi-glasgow

Bought one of the custom units being made by Nurrish (as seen here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24395 ) and was very fortunate to have a new user on here Craig (cmmd11483) to give me a hand, well I say give me a hand, what I really mean is I would hold something up for him every now and again as I hadn't a clue what to do and he done just about everything.

Couldn't be more pleased with the unit, boots up really fast and after the initial boot up you can just put it to sleep rather than switch it off so it comes on instantaneous when you press the button.

Craig also done the Bose hack where he wired it into the tape deck inputs and the quality is superb.

I can't recommend these units enough, the display is superb, even with the screen protector still in place it's very bright and easily read even in very bright sunshine.

I had been looking at a Car PC before opting for this device and the cost difference is immense with this system being a mile cheaper than Car PC devices. And it comes preinstalled in a retracable cubby so you don't even need to have any hassle mounting the display etc.

I know these cubby's come with a lighter coloured door but I actually quite like the contrast of the charcoal grey door against the darker surrounds. Set's it off.

Showed a few friends it already and they are mightily impressed.

So just like to thank Nurrish for getting it built and delivered so quickly and an absolutely massive thanks to Craig Mitchell for installing it for me :thumbs:

So that's my first Mod complete, what's next?

Congrats matey, they are immense systems aren't they. I thankfully live close enough to Nurrish (he might not say thankfully!!! :lol: ) for him to fit it for me. I want to get mined wired up to the tape deck of the Bose as well, might have to tap Nurrish again!!! :teeth:

Hope you enjoy as much as I have been. :)

Well done guys :thumbs: I havent had chance to fit mine yet :dry: I have seen the guide for setting the tape on the bose as an aux - but I cant find it now :rant: Do you have a link to it?? Will this allow you to play music from the nav unit/ipod and get the voice to override the speakers when its giving directions?

Cheers

Mart

When I have tape selected all sound from the device goes thru the speakers, so music and sat nav lady giving directions come thru the Bose.

Absolutely superb.

I am still using the phone bluetooth which is built in the 350z, but really considering using the bluetooth of the sat nav device instead.