Battery chargers

Argyll

Halfords have two battery chargers in store, one for under 1800cc and one for over this. A guy at another shop reckons this is bollocks and Halfords own way of trying to get more money out of the customer. Any truth in what he says?

Does the aother charger come with a set of leads that can be left in the car for easy connection with a weather proof cap?

It's like with anything, you get what you pay for.

My brother uses the OptiMate for his bike and it's never let him down, and his is the older version too, so they'll not break easily.

Does the aother charger come with a set of leads that can be left in the car for easy connection with a weather proof cap?

It's like with anything, you get what you pay for.

My brother uses the OptiMate for his bike and it's never let him down, and his is the older version too, so they'll not break easily.

No it doesn't mate but I don't really need that. I only need a battery charger. No point buying something expensive I'll very rarely use.

The trickle chargers that have been posted. I'm curious to know how they are attached.

By the look of things it's plugged in to the mains and the leads are connected to the battery. Is this right? If this is the case it wouldn't be any use to me anyway as my car is parked on the street as my garage is full of clutter.

The trickle chargers that have been posted. I'm curious to know how they are attached.

By the look of things it's plugged in to the mains and the leads are connected to the battery. Is this right? If this is the case it wouldn't be any use to me anyway as my car is parked on the street as my garage is full of clutter.

Yes that is correct...How are you planning to power the charger??????

You leave £xxk's worth of car on the street but lock up £50 of rubbish you don't use?! :bangin::p

You leave £xxk's worth of car on the street but lock up £50 of rubbish you don't use?! :bangin::p

Not clutter. I actually have a 74 ford mustang that I plan on restoring in the near future. Just didn't see hthe need to go in to detail.

Not clutter. I actually have a 74 ford mustang that I plan on restoring in the near future. Just didn't see hthe need to go in to detail.

Good luck! B):thumbs:

Just wasn't sure how it worked that was all. I've ordered a generic charger so I'll just have to charge my battery overnight in the kitchen.

You will soon get fed up with doing that and the potential pitfalls :surrender::lol:

• 2 weeks later...