WANTED: FUEL PUMP AND INJECTORS

andlid

Hello,

As some of you might know I'm looking to convert my Z to run on E85, I will need bigger injectors and also a bigger fuel pump.

I've been trying to get some answers for the tuner that I might use for this job but he is a very busy chap (good sign really) and they guys in Japan wanted silly money and the US lads seem to be very slow in responding so here it goes.

Looking for injectors that can handle a future turbo build and also a pump that can do the same, dont want to get 'smallish' injectors that I might have to swap out again in the future when I go FI.

Any pointers on Size and Fuel pump volume that I'd need? And where to get them?

:bounce:

Hello,

As some of you might know I'm looking to convert my Z to run on E85, I will need bigger injectors and also a bigger fuel pump.

I've been trying to get some answers for the tuner that I might use for this job but he is a very busy chap (good sign really) and they guys in Japan wanted silly money and the US lads seem to be very slow in responding so here it goes.

Looking for injectors that can handle a future turbo build and also a pump that can do the same, dont want to get 'smallish' injectors that I might have to swap out again in the future when I go FI.

I do not think that you will find a tuner that will be capable of sorting your car to run Stock, Bigger injectors, E85 and FI.

You will have to decide on what route you want to go and this is more complex than you think.

For instance how are you planning to take degrees off your ignition for E85?

E85 is in limited supply but I assume that you already know this.

I can advice on options for all the above individually but really this advice should come from your chosen tuner. ;)

E85

Hello,

I do not think that you will find a tuner that will be capable of sorting your car to run Stock, Bigger injectors, E85 and FI.

You will have to decide on what route you want to go and this is more complex than you think.

I can advice on options for all the above individually but really this advice should come from your chosen tuner. ;)

E85

Maybe thats why I've heard nothing back yet :thumbdown:

>

<

No clue...

The supply of E85 is cool, have a few places nearby selling the stuff.

Hmmm

I think what I mean is that I would like to start my FI build with using bigger injectors and fuel pump and then once I want to go down the FI route (not related to E85) I'd keep the pump and bigger injectors and change internals and the 'rest' of things that needs to be changed for FI.

:dance:

Hello,

E85

Maybe thats why I've heard nothing back yet :thumbdown:

>

<

No clue...

The supply of E85 is cool, have a few places nearby selling the stuff.

Hmmm

I think what I mean is that I would like to start my FI build with using bigger injectors and fuel pump and then once I want to go down the FI route (not related to E85) I'd keep the pump and bigger injectors and change internals and the 'rest' of things that needs to be changed for FI.

:dance:

More than likely the injectors that you run with the E85 will not be compatible with a FI set up.

What is the attraction of E85 to you?

More than likely the injectors that you run with the E85 will not be compatible with a FI set up.

It would be the higher HP figure...but more that it's VAT deductible ;)

Yes I thought so.

Well it is fantastic to get something back from this Government but with respect if money is an issue then FI is not for you. 10K on a shoestring: 20K to do it properly :scare:

Yes I thought so.

Well it is fantastic to get something back from this Government but with respect if money is an issue then FI is not for you. 10K on a shoestring: 20K to do it properly :scare:

I know, :dance: thats why I'm doing it step by step approach. Next step would be to get it to 4.2l and then after that go the hog and do the rest... the E85 is just to get some nice hp figures with my haltech ecu unit, and get some monies back is a bonus but can be discussed as a reason to do it... duh... he he... :drunk:

Yes I thought so.

I know, :dance: thats why I'm doing it step by step approach. Next step would be to get it to 4.2l and then after that go the hog and do the rest... the E85 is just to get some nice hp figures with my haltech ecu unit, and get some monies back is a bonus but can be discussed as a reason to do it... duh... he he... :drunk:

4.2Lt......The very best of luck to you mate.....Best go speak to your tuner.