DC Sports Cat Back Exhaust system - Today's is the day!

Jacko

Modding my house seems to be stopping me modding my motor at the mo... :dry: Had to pull out of the Nismo zorst GB which is still giving me sleepless nights. Who needs two kidneys anyway......... :wacko:

I know its a question of priorities I suppose :blush:

shame really as that is a REALLY good price. B)

Modding my house seems to be stopping me modding my motor at the mo... :dry: Had to pull out of the Nismo zorst GB which is still giving me sleepless nights. Who needs two kidneys anyway......... :wacko:

Cheers, Mark! I feel much better about it now! :p

Cheers, Mark! I feel much better about it now! :p

lol...... good, my work here is done. :teeth:

Guest prescience

I hope it grows on you; must say though first time I heard the NISMO it was a stunning and spine-tingling change

I hope it grows on you; must say though first time I heard the NISMO it was a stunning and spine-tingling change

I think the problem was Dorian, that when it was fitted found out the gaskets were knackered, therefore i've gotta get a couple ordered (which are cheap anyway) and that one of the pipes only just clears the anti roll bar as it fits over the top. Therefore Paul @ TDi was a little concerned about it vibrating against it...... (will have to get something between the two).

So I think when I first heard it, there's this real raspy sound during load in mid range and I was concerned as to whether that was the pipe vibrating against the anti roll bar, or whether it was just the raspyness of the exhaust system....... suppose was just a little worried that it took a bit of the shine off.

Anyway its definitely growing on me! :)

• 1 month later...
Mark, how much did TDi charge you to fit the zorst?

Are you happy you made the right choice now?

Hi mate,

They just charged me for one hours labour although to be fair as it was the 1st one that Paul had fitted, it took him a little longer. The rates were due to go up, but at the time it was about £40 without discount.

I didn't ask about the discount as it had took longer than an hour so wasn't going to take the mickey.

Why, are you having an exhaust fitted?

I love it now, got a really nice burble at low revs, then a real howl at high revs. Nicely loud, but not offensively so..... I think it surprised a few people at JAE with how it sounded. If you want to hear it, then we could always meet up. I'm over in Knowsley still quite a few days....... let me know. It also came up nice and shiney, although I would say that there are nicer lookig end pipes out there, as they ain't rolled or anything at the end. Got loads of pics that I never got around to posting about this getting fitted.

PM me if you want further info?

Mark, how much did TDi charge you to fit the zorst?

Are you happy you made the right choice now?

Hi mate,

They just charged me for one hours labour although to be fair as it was the 1st one that Paul had fitted, it took him a little longer. The rates were due to go up, but at the time it was about £40 without discount.

I didn't ask about the discount as it had took longer than an hour so was going to take the mickey.

Why, are you having an exhaust fitted?

I love it now, got a really nice burble at low revs, then a real howl at high revs. Nicely loud, but not offensively so..... I think it surprised a few people at JAE with how it sounded. If you want to hear it, then we could always meet up. I'm over in Knowsley still quite a few days....... let me know. It also came up nice and shiney, although I would say that there are nicer lookig end pipes out there, as they ain't rolled or anything at the end. Got loads of pics that I never got around to posting about this getting fitted.

PM me if you want further info?

Ah, plans are afoot my friend but I won't spoil the surprise! B)

If you fancy a swift pint after work and you're in Knowsley give me a buzz. Have you still got my mobile?

• 4 weeks later...

I think the problem was Dorian, that when it was fitted found out the gaskets were knackered, therefore i've gotta get a couple ordered (which are cheap anyway) and that one of the pipes only just clears the anti roll bar as it fits over the top. Therefore Paul @ TDi was a little concerned about it vibrating against it...... (will have to get something between the two).

So I think when I first heard it, there's this real raspy sound during load in mid range and I was concerned as to whether that was the pipe vibrating against the anti roll bar, or whether it was just the raspyness of the exhaust system....... suppose was just a little worried that it took a bit of the shine off.

Anyway its definitely growing on me! :)

The DC system will always sound raspy, because it has absolutely no resonators, or x bends. When I heard one it sounded extremely similar to an M3 with a metallic rasp. Definitely sounds different

Great, I appreciate it. Can you tell me where you bought it from? :)

I actually got mine second hand from eBay. But I actually bought it from Sumo power that sell them, as well as TDi sell them. You get discount through the forum with TDi, but I think Sumo power are one of the main dealers for them.....

I'd try both to see what price you get...... :thumbs:

The DC system will always sound raspy, because it has absolutely no resonators, or x bends. When I heard one it sounded extremely similar to an M3 with a metallic rasp. Definitely sounds different

That's exactly what it sounds like, a real metallic rasp to it. I love it now..... deep burble and low revs, then a cracking rasp...... :thumbs:

what do you think they would sound like with HF Cats and pop charger, trying to avoid pop pop fart Nova SR sound :yuck:

Mmm not sure to be honest, as I personally haven't heard the same exhaust with and without hi flow cats, let alone the DC. From what the other guys say, the Pop charger will change the sound of air intake to a much more aggressive snarl, but don't think that will change the exhaust anymore, you will just get a combined sound.

That said, I would have thought that the sound of the raspy DC and the snarl of a pop charger might make acceleration sound a whole lot different! B):D

I'll try and get you the sound clip soon. Will have to be later as working from home today, and can't really sit on my drive reving the tits off the car :blush: ...... (and would need it to be warm anyway!)