DC Sports Cat Back Exhaust system - Today's is the day!

Jacko

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I've got my appointment booked later on today at TDi North to get my exhaust swapped to the DC Sports cat back system that I got.

Looking forward to hearing my baby growl later on tonight! :yahoo: :kicking :drive1

I'll let you know how it gets on and the service etc at TDi. Might try to get some pics taken at the same time.....

Hi guys!....

Sorry, after it got fitted last night. I was around at the woman's and didn't have any internet access. But its fitted now :teeth:

Paul at TDi North (top bloke) kindly fitted it for me last night. I'll post up a proper post with pics etc (including some other cars that were there) but first impressions:-

1) As soon as you turn the key, there's a really DEEP growl and then settles to a low but menacing burble.

2) Low to mid revs's its got a really deep loud growl.

3) Over about 4k then it turns into a bit of a loud bandshee wail

5) Don't know if its a subjective thing, but the mid-range seems to fly by B)

So so far so good :D I'm not sure its offensively loud, but its loud!

Last night I have to admit, that I wasn't sure whether I liked the low down sound but its been growing on me today ;)

Have to admit though, as the exhaust wasn't brand new, the nice shiny end caps I had on my standard exhaust looked better (cleaner) although the exits of this are obviously bigger. Will have to find some way of getting through all the crud. I've tried Silvo....

Gotta go back soon though to get two new gaskets on a section join as the ones that came with it were a big shagged :dry:

But they ain't expensive, so rather do it.

I'll post some pics up later on, when I get home...... and of course you can hear at soon at your local JAE store ;)

curious to hear this now :)

Actually I want to do a comparison next time we meet up mate. I'll go for a passenger spin in yours etc and you in mine (if you want) then can see the difference in volume etc?

Sounds like you're a bit unsure on this one mate. Too loud?

Not too loud. Just not 100% sure of the low down burble all the time at the mo. Want to make sure that its similar to other exhausts and not got a duffer etc

But think part of it might be just getting used to a much louder exhaust!

Sounds like you're a bit unsure on this one mate. Too loud?

Not too loud. Just not 100% sure of the low down burble all the time at the mo. Want to make sure that its similar to other exhausts and not got a duffer etc

But think part of it might be just getting used to a much louder exhaust!

What's next then now you've got your grille and your zorst?

curious to hear this now :)

Actually I want to do a comparison next time we meet up mate. I'll go for a passenger spin in yours etc and you in mine (if you want) then can see the difference in volume etc?

Why don't you just drive one and others ;)

noises from exhausts from different manufacturers are gonna be different Mark :) that's most (if not the whole) point of one rather than another one :lol::)

Yes Val, I THINK I'd realised that and I realise that they going to be different. I'm just interested to hear the sound of your's (or someone else's with less crappy wit :p ) just as a comparison.

NOT because I expect it to sound like each other..... :bose:

What's next then now you've got your grille and your zorst?

Well, I want some wheels next, but considering the price of them. I might wait for a while, unless I can get an extremely good deal ;)

Modding my house seems to be stopping me modding my motor at the mo... :dry: Had to pull out of the Nismo zorst GB which is still giving me sleepless nights. Who needs two kidneys anyway......... :wacko: