Conversion Chip

BRO-T

Basically my car is at nissan because the instrument dials are playing up, fuel, temp, revs and speedo.

Currently a replacement set is £1200+vat, but becuase its a JDM they need to make sure that the chip used to convert the reading from KM to MPH isn't whats causing the problems! This is goign to be another £300+vat just to investigate this further

I just want to know to try and cut costs down, where is the conversion chip lcoated on the car, ECU, engine bay etc??

I don't know where its located or how its done.

If you need replacement dials or pods though it will be worth your while contacting R35LEE on here. He has good access to 2nd hand parts. Or try ZMANALEX who can get nissan parts cheaper than the dealers.

If you need replacement dials or pods though it will be worth your while contacting R35LEE on here. He has good access to 2nd hand parts. Or try ZMANALEX who can get nissan parts cheaper than the dealers.

Thnaks for that, i've already pm'd them both. Just waiting for a reply.

I always thought it was something that was done behind the speedo and rev unit. Not 100% sure but think thats where the chip is located. There has to be something around there to change the rate at which the speedo goes up and to change the digital Kilometers to Miles. Don't quote me on that though!!

I would just keep guessing your speed and fuel though at that price!! :teeth: Hope you have sold your wheels, your going to need the money at this rate.

Hope you get it sorted soon matey.

Should either be on / inside the clocks or directly under the clocks in the wiring. I dont think thats your problem though as it only alters / converts the speed pulse. I could be wrong. If you want the UK Clocks off me I can supply them, but for them to work you need the find the conversion chip and remove it otherwise speedo wont register anything.

Also plug in to diagnostics as these problems can be brought about from the meter amp or the BCM unit.

Where abouts in the country are you??

Call me and I will save you a fortune :thumbs:

R35Lee, already PM'd you today, i'll send you my number

Its at Nissan and they're certain its the dials, i'm guessing they've run a diagnostics on it. If they're sayign its the clutser, how wrong could they be??

I'm in Birmingham m8, willing to travel to get this fixed!!!

Should either be on / inside the clocks or directly under the clocks in the wiring. I dont think thats your problem though as it only alters / converts the speed pulse. I could be wrong. If you want the UK Clocks off me I can supply them, but for them to work you need the find the conversion chip and remove it otherwise speedo wont register anything.

Also plug in to diagnostics as these problems can be brought about from the meter amp or the BCM unit.

Where abouts in the country are you??

Call me and I will save you a fortune :thumbs:

Can you get UK centre console clocks too?? (the 3 pod above the satnav)