A few questions

Dblock

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. My other car is a 2002 RS clio 172. So i was wondering i have done alot of research on here. I have a 2002 jap 350z. So would a decat gain benefits or would i still lose torque? I have heard early imports will gain.

On my clio I have an exhaust , decat, IK and remap. We could remap our own cars with a RStuner. I have heard that RStuning is doing remaping for the 350z. He is the main guy for doing bespoke remaps on RS clios hence the name. So my ecu being early will I gain more than the new cars?

What type of exhaust should i get? E.g. I want something cheap and nice ideally something that gives more power. Do most exhausts come with the Y pipes? Do people get customs exhausts e.g. from pro speed in cardiff?

The spacer... which one is good? Which one is for me the 2002 350z?

What shops and websites do you guys use? E.g. i have seen z store and cougar store.

Thanks

Hi and welcome, would I be correct in thinking you were a buddy of Jamjay. :)

The main problem with power gains in the zed is that the ecu learns them and cancels them out. It is thought however that the early imports such as the one you have will have an ecu that will not do this.

The addition of cold air induction, exhausts and other engine mods should see an increase.

The K series exhaust will be worth considering, you will have change from £350 delivered.

The traders on here will have all the goodies you need, one of them will be along soon. :)

Hi and welcome, would I be correct in thinking you were a buddy of Jamjay. :)

The main problem with power gains in the zed is that the ecu learns them and cancels them out. It is thought however that the early imports such as the one you have will have an ecu that will not do this.

The addition of cold air induction, exhausts and other engine mods should see an increase.

The K series exhaust will be worth considering, you will have change from £350 delivered.

The traders on here will have all the goodies you need, one of them will be along soon. :)

Hi Martin, Good to see another insomniac or late worker. I'm sorry I don't know a jamjay. You say "thought" so I take it it's some people say yeah and some people say no? On my clio when I put on the exhaust and decat with a remap it was so much better to drive. It had more low down torque and a better top end. MPG was better too. I don't want to lose torque as usually im driving bellow 2krpm. Yes i drive like a granny I know. But when i put my foot down i would like slighty more power as the car is fast but in comparison which is useless as its a v6 vs 4pot and the clio is very cammy but the 350 feels like it levels off after about 5krpm. If it had a little more go higher up i would be happy.

The k series is that jansport or japsport? Does that come with the Y pipe?

:welcome:

Are you local to Cardiff? If so you cant really go wrong with Pro-Speed :thumbs: It will be more expensive than an off the shelf system but atleast you can get the design & sound that you want

Im not actually near cardiff at all but my brother is down in Birmingham often enough so he could always take my car. I have heard good things about prospeed also but im going for a deeper sound. IMO the 350z is an easy car to buy an exhaust for. If I got one too loud for my clio i would have looked like a chav. The k2 is quite cheap so im considoring it but i might just get a pro speed to see if its good? Charile give me a decent price so i might take him up on it.