Making BHP without emmission controls

Muscat350

Hey,

A request for advice about increasing my cars straight line performance.

I have a well looked after '04 350, gulf car but same spec as UK (according to Nissan Dealer). It's stock except for a 'Trust' backbox(main dealer fitted). Last service was at 40k a few months ago and the car is fine.

I'm sure its lost a few horses over the years and the 40-50c gulf temperatures aren't helping but I'd like to do some minor/moderate engine mods to get the power up.

I would like it to come in at £1.5k or less and hopefully up the BHP by about 30 without losing any torque. Main constraint is the sand and dust here which make anything with less 'filtration' than a stock filter dodgy, main things in my favour are the absence of MOT, no emmission control (cat not req) and cheap fuel. I can get hold of most UK stock and fitting in a performance shop is achievable.

I've read through the forum but my gulf circumstances make it a bit unusual - any suggestions welcome. I'm not an clutch/g'box abuser so I'm hoping not to have to upgrade across the board.

Thanks

Ian

you won't see 30bhp gains unless you remap or chip the ECU and even then your not guarenteed to get that close with out possibly changing the upper plenum. and maybe some HFC's.

stock airbox is good so don't worry about changing that.