burning smell ....clutch ????

P15UL T

hi peeps

i recently bought sarnies zed off him, nice car but the paint is a bit crappy upon closer inspection will probably get it resprayed.

anyway i smelt a burning smell coming back from the chinese tonight and think it may be the clutch,i waited till it went away and took the car up the drive in first gear having to hold the car on the bite a few times being carful not to hit the mirrors of the walls and the smell came back.

surley the clutch cant be knacked after 30000 miles

anyone had theres replaced under warrenty or know how much this would cost to have replaced if that is was it is.

i would be grateful for any help

cheers Paul

some clutches have failed even earlier mate.

now the clutch has been known to smell after slipping it too much, mine used to smell until about 10k miiles ago (now 27k) not it does only if I abuse it (which of course I don't mr Nissan, even if it's not an item included in the warranty ;) )

it might be worth having a word with sarnie when he get's back of his hols B)

I´m still here guys, stalking you from Menorca! To be fair the clutch never gave me any jib apart from being quite stiff, it had its service in feb and nothing was mentioned.

Toodle pip! :blush:

im not to good with smells , just know it wasnt right, didnt tell the missus so we will se if she noticed anything whilst driving it today,

ps. sarnie.....what happened to the z mats, boot liner and cargo net that was suppose to be included in the sale ??????

did you need them for your next car ......

im not to good with smells , just know it wasnt right, didnt tell the missus so we will se if she noticed anything whilst driving it today,

ps. sarnie.....what happened to the z mats, boot liner and cargo net that was suppose to be included in the sale ??????

Sarnie :thumbdown:

The boot liner is in the car!!! I took it out to vac it,along with the cargo net, with the z mats for your arrival and forgot to put them back! Honest :blush::surrender: I´ll stick em in the post for ya pal with the other stuff. :thumbs::)

Sorry pal, it was a hectic day :wacko:

PM sent. :surrender: