how do i change the indicator bulbs ?

yokomo

First off im sooo loving the car !

Did how ever notice the indicators yoke really bad and since a set of chrome/clear ones is anice cheap mod thought id start there ....

looked under the bonnet and it doens look easy to get to, do i ahve to unbolt the whole assembly or is there aotherway ?

also what type of bulb are they ?

thanks

First off im sooo loving the car !

Did how ever notice the indicators yoke really bad and since a set of chrome/clear ones is anice cheap mod thought id start there ....

looked under the bonnet and it doens look easy to get to, do i ahve to unbolt the whole assembly or is there aotherway ?

also what type of bulb are they ?

thanks

Did mine a few weeks ago. There's a few threads here about it so have a search.

In short.... Open bonnet, undo 10mm bolt at top of headlight to allow it to move forward a few cm.

Reach behind indicator to find grey bulb holder, twist and release. Swear lots. :angry:

Replace bulb (without getting greasy fingerprints on your nice silver bulb.) Swear lots more. :angry:

CHECK BULB WORKS BEFORE REFITTING! ;)

Re-fit in a reverse manner to above. Complete swearing and then realise you have to still do the other side.

And don't even contemplate it if you are a well hung lesbian (i.e. have fat fingers!)

Paul

Did mine a few weeks ago. There's a few threads here about it so have a search.

In short.... Open bonnet, undo 10mm bolt at top of headlight to allow it to move forward a few cm.

Reach behind indicator to find grey bulb holder, twist and release. Swear lots. :angry:

Replace bulb (without getting greasy fingerprints on your nice silver bulb.) Swear lots more. :angry:

CHECK BULB WORKS BEFORE REFITTING! ;)

Re-fit in a reverse manner to above. Complete swearing and then realise you have to still do the other side.

And don't even contemplate it if you are a well hung lesbian (i.e. have fat fingers!)

Paul

I take it you mean the front and rear indicators rather than the repeaters. You need T20 fitment bulbs, philips and silvertech do good ones.

As for changing them, some say its possible to squeeze your hands in to change them but I recon they are all performing some sort of witchcraft, I had to take the front wheels and arch liners off. The rears are easily changed, there is a guide on here somewhere,

R

I take it you mean the front and rear indicators rather than the repeaters. You need T20 fitment bulbs, philips and silvertech do good ones.

As for changing them, some say its possible to squeeze your hands in to change them but I recon they are all performing some sort of witchcraft, I had to take the front wheels and arch liners off. The rears are easily changed, there is a guide on here somewhere,

R

yeah got hem from the barry section shame they aint the right ones , liars (halfrod that it) stupid guide said i had the right ones and haing not seen the orginals i belived it !

kept my receipt any hows so il swap em over on monday.

was actaully easyer than i thought to get out once you take the bolt out and move the lamp ai lil just hope its stil lined up right 1

yeah got hem from the barry section shame they aint the right ones , liars (halfrod that it) stupid guide said i had the right ones and haing not seen the orginals i belived it !

kept my receipt any hows so il swap em over on monday.

was actaully easyer than i thought to get out once you take the bolt out and move the lamp ai lil just hope its stil lined up right 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok finaly got my new bulbs from jdm today along wiht a trust gear knob .... but canot for the life of me get the bulbs out of the holders !!! :bangin: got the holder out easy enough by just taking the top bolt out and sliding the light forward abit but cna i get the bulb out noooooooooo,. need help asap before i go mad !

edit ... little frustration and good tug later !

yeah pretty easy on the second bulb although near side was alot tighter to get the holder out in the open. i was just being a wuss and not pulling hard enough thinking it must be clipped :(

knob swap was alot easyer thankfully :)

IMAG0038.jpg