Cold air intake

Toon Chris

I'm trying to find one of the mouldings that you fit high up on the front bumper which allows cold air into the engine bay when the car is moving.

They are rectangular, sometimes carbon fibre (or CF effect), and are basically a fancy rim for a hole you make in the bumper just in front of the usual air intake.

I've looked around the web but can't find one. Maybe they are only available as part of an induction kit? I've seen quite a few on cars so I know they exist - can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to find one of the mouldings that you fit high up on the front bumper which allows cold air into the engine bay when the car is moving.

They are rectangular, sometimes carbon fibre (or CF effect), and are basically a fancy rim for a hole you make in the bumper just in front of the usual air intake.

I've looked around the web but can't find one. Maybe they are only available as part of an induction kit? I've seen quite a few on cars so I know they exist - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Eek, its more than I thought it would be.

TBH I really don't like CF and intend to paint it Azure anyway. A simple plastic version would do...

Not sure I've seen any plain ones Chris...

Yeah, they are out there but I don't like the idea of buying from the states with all that customs malarky...

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-2962

get tech carbon to make 1 up for you in fibreglass. :thumbs:

Can't see that being much cheaper :lol:

Nope, it looks like it is second-hand or £80 :wacko:

Eek, its more than I thought it would be.

TBH I really don't like CF and intend to paint it Azure anyway. A simple plastic version would do...

Not sure I've seen any plain ones Chris...

Yeah, they are out there but I don't like the idea of buying from the states with all that customs malarky...

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-2962

get tech carbon to make 1 up for you in fibreglass. :thumbs:

Can't see that being much cheaper :lol:

Nope, it looks like it is second-hand or £80 :wacko:

try searching for air duct or air scoop or front bumper air scoop. they come up on ebay for about £30

other search option is 350z carbon fibre on fleabay.

Yeah, already tried that. Nothing in this country (I don't count the one from China for £99!).

There is stuff from the states but I don't like that.

I'll leave this up for a week in case a 2nd hand one pops up, otherwise it will have to be a new one.

Cheers everyone :thumbs:

try searching for air duct or air scoop or front bumper air scoop. they come up on ebay for about £30

other search option is 350z carbon fibre on fleabay.

Yeah, already tried that. Nothing in this country (I don't count the one from China for £99!).

There is stuff from the states but I don't like that.

I'll leave this up for a week in case a 2nd hand one pops up, otherwise it will have to be a new one.

Cheers everyone :thumbs: