Suicidal Wildlife

judas

Took the GT4 out for a blast yesterday. On the way home Mr Bunny decided to play chicken an run out in front of the car. Result GT4 1, Mr Bunny 0.

Or so I thought. This morning it transpired it was a score draw:

splitter.jpg

Not only that, but the damn thing had hitched a ride too!

unexpected_passenger.jpg

Only had the car a week and already have managed several hundred quid's worth of damage to it! At least I'm assuming that's what a whole new front end will come to if it can't be repaired. :rant:

I was doing, er... 0.9 units down a straight country road. Saw the little bugger run in front of me but had no choice except to hit it - didn't even try braking. Made a good, loud bang! It was dark by the time I got home and I had to rush out first thing this morning, so I didn't even realise it had done any damage until this afternoon.

The impact broke the bottom of the splitter and one of the slats on the grille - that must have been where it came through, hitting the oil radiator and bending a load of fins on that. Judging by what I retrieved from the engine bay it would have been dead immediately at least (big chunk of it's skull bone was sticking out its head! :blackeye: )

I've managed to get the crack in the splitter closed up, so at least it can't be seen without close examination. I'll have to find out if it can be repaired, 'cos I really don't fancy forking out for a replacement :cry:

I was doing, er... 0.9 units down a straight country road. Saw the little bugger run in front of me but had no choice except to hit it - didn't even try braking. Made a good, loud bang! It was dark by the time I got home and I had to rush out first thing this morning, so I didn't even realise it had done any damage until this afternoon.

The impact broke the bottom of the splitter and one of the slats on the grille - that must have been where it came through, hitting the oil radiator and bending a load of fins on that. Judging by what I retrieved from the engine bay it would have been dead immediately at least (big chunk of it's skull bone was sticking out its head! :blackeye: )

I've managed to get the crack in the splitter closed up, so at least it can't be seen without close examination. I'll have to find out if it can be repaired, 'cos I really don't fancy forking out for a replacement :cry:

I think a good bodyshop will be able to plastic weld the spoiler :thumbs:

jeeeeeeeees that's one sneaky bunny!

:lol: that pic made me laugh out loud, not for the damage but in trying to think how on earth it managed to get squeezed in! anyway, nice stew last night? :teeth:B)

ps damage SHOULD be repairable mate

man thats unlucky :headhurt:

wasnt there a nice aroma of roasted rabbit while you were driving along? ;)

I cant believe it got through that gap.

Once its all fixed, you will be laughing about it.. make a decent story to tell at parties. :clap: