Suggestions insuring a 350GT. Anyone been in one?

neilf

I'm looking at getting either a 350Z or a Skyline 350GT.

Now it seems the insurance for a 350Z (for me) is excellent! £300 or less! I'd love to get a 350GT, but only if the insurance is not too bad. So anyone able to suggest somewhere to get a good quote for one?

I phone my existing insurances (for my modified 200SX), A-Plan, and they came back with:-

350Z = over £500

350GT = over £700

...so these quotes didn't seem very good, considering a couple of placed have been £200 cheaper on a 350Z... I really wouldn't want to be paying over £700 a year for insurance!

ps: If anyone has any experience of a 350GT I'd welcome their opinions...

Seach will come up with lots on insurance. Give SkyInsurance a call, they were excellent for me :thumbs:

Thanks... I'll give them a buzz...

Seems daft if the two are vastly different to insure considering they share so much. Maybe it's teh fact parts for the 350GT would be hard to get?

Seach will come up with lots on insurance. Give SkyInsurance a call, they were excellent for me :thumbs:

£541 for an imported or UK 350Z

£581 for an (imported) 350GT.

The 350Z quotes are bad... Got quotes from comparethemarket for:-

UK, less than £300

Import, £481

So a 350GT would (unless I can get it cheaper) cost £300 more a year to insure than a UK 350Z!

Give SkyInsurance a call, they were excellent for me :thumbs:

+1 and for me :thumbs:

Doh! It all gets into swing and round abouts... Imports are cheaper, but then the insurance seems about £200+ more a year, and typically they've been registered after Mar 2006 so another £200+ more on road tax. So if you save say £1500 on the vehicle, within 3-4yrs you've lost it due to more expensive insurance+road tax...

The 350GTs are great value for money though. Far less than a 350Z and in my case far more practical... I'll phone up my local Nissan dealer out of interest and see if they are able to service them - ie: If something serious happens to one can they sort it out...